Which Republican President was the the most fiscally responsible?

The Republican Party likes to think of itself as the more fiscally responsible party. But who has its adherents put in office to prove that?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

GWBush only doubled the debt, Reagan tripled it.

• 3 years ago

you're spamming this question, Wolfina. And it is as vapid now because it replaced into the 1st time you published it. First, to repeat what has been suggested distinctive cases, no longer A single FVCKING individual suggested THAT OBAMA replaced into to blame for THE TERRORIST attack, you blithering fool. do we finally get you to offer up posting that particularly odious idiocy? Or, are you like an autistic with Tourettes, and no longer able to offer up bleating it? and individuals are not claiming that Obama is to blame for each scandal that occurs in his administration, besides the undeniable fact that, you liberals did believe that as quickly as Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr and Bush Jr have been in workplace. My, how devoid of postpone you strengthen into hypocritical! yet what we've see interior the Obama crime relatives is that scandals take place, the liberal press aspects conceal, and the to blame events are rewarded, whilst the sufferers circulate unavenged, and justice is going unrequited. the different factor is that the lies and canopy-united statesfor Obama's scandals. And idiots such as you sporting the water for them. Are you paid to try this?

• EviL
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

well the last republican President who had a surplus was Richard M. Nixon in 1969 and before that it would have been Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 - 1957

• 9 years ago

Abe Lincoln

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Andrew Jackson who campaigned on shutting down debt based currency and fractional reserve banking. His last words were "I beat the banks".

• 9 years ago

From his writings on the subject it was probably Thomas Jefferson.

• Ike but he also spent a lot. i.e Interstate Highway System

• 9 years ago

Bush the elder.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.