-- Some AR-15 opinions and advice?

Hello--I need some advice concerning an AR-15. I am looking at a Colt AR-15 6520 Gov't Model A2 that sells here for 950$ (1,400$ for the Colt M4A3 carbine). I want to convert the M2 non removable handle with a flat top and mount optics. So my question is ~ which optic/scope would you choose for a 6520? - (I... show more Hello--I need some advice concerning an AR-15. I am looking at a Colt AR-15 6520 Gov't Model A2 that sells here for 950$ (1,400$ for the Colt M4A3 carbine). I want to convert the M2 non removable handle with a flat top and mount optics. So my question is ~ which optic/scope would you choose for a 6520? - (I believe it is a 16 1/2' barrel). I am willing to spend some money on a scope but don't want to break the bank (I do not need premium combat vision). > OR would you just buy the 6920 M4A3 - as the flat top conversion might add up $$$. Please give me advice with your AR knowledge, any ideas are appreciated.
The rifle will be used very moderately to improve my shooting ability and accuracy (as well as owning a quality AR).

Thanx
Update: I have a series of rifles ranging from the Remington 700 BDL to the Mosin-Nagant 91/30. I am researching the AR as a new project -- not necessarily a extreme distance sniper rifle. I greatly appreciate your response.
1 answer 1