Solar panel with grid tie question?

i have some questions about connecting these together. I will probably build my own panels which will either contain 36 polys or somethiing similar with monos. In theory this would produce 18 volts with an average of about 60 watts during full sun per hour, correct? The inverter is a 300 watt inverter with operations between 14 to 28 volts. So my question is this...Could I hook up 5 panels to 1 grid tie inverter? And will the volts remain at 18 with all these hooked up? I noticed some inverters that only operate at 28 or more volts. I am starting small and adding as I go. Or is there a better way to go by starting small?

Favorite Answer

for 5 panel

if there is serial connection, the total volts will be 5x18v

if there is parallel connection, the total current will be 5 multiply current of one panel.

so parallel connection is better for you.

• dorval

I basically costed an 85W panel i got here upon on line as paying lower back in 30 years. and that's with out the inverter. in case you pick to do it to maintain money, look on surplus web content for chipped cells and make your guy or woman panels. you could then get the pay lower back time right down to approximately 5 years, in spite of the 9.60/kWh cost right here, that's under many places.

no thats wrong. If u hav % panels , u should hav 4 grid tie inverter to store electricity

Create Home Solar Power - http://Solar.eudko.com/?cEM