Meditation. Being aware/present minded while under pressure.?

Ok so I can become aware of any anxiety or negative emotion when Im alone by myself and it just evaporates.

But in public the thoughts are so rapid and the feelings so intense I get drawn into them and I cant stay aware for very long. How do I not get taken over by them when they are so intense and so rapid?

Many thanks friends!

• Prahas
    Best Answer

Like was said above, it takes practice. But it is beautiful that you are thinking about it. My master talks about "taking meditation into the marketplace."

For me, what works is to start with little things, like being present when you are brushing your teeth, or washing the dishes. Then you can try it while standing, waiting at the bus stop.

And pat yourself on the back for the small successes. Even being aware for 3 seconds during the day is a big thing!

Good luck!

Like everything else from cycling to weights to drawing, it takes practice and consious effort. Do it everyday until it becomes a habit wired in your brain. Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh suggests we practice it first thing it the morning when we wake up (smile and give thanks), when we brush our teeth, when we use the toilet, when the traffic light turns red, when we are in a queue, before we answer a call, before we reply an email....

Practice deep breathing or recite positive mantras/prayers untl it becomes your second nature.

Then, there will be a time when you can do it.

Source(s): Thich Nhat Hanh's books, in particular 'Touching the Earth' and 'Breathe! You are alive!'

no longer purely the mattress, the closet too. ;-; If I dropped one in each and every of my filled animals off of the mattress whilst i replaced into attempting to sleep, and the room replaced into dark, i could permit it stay there through fact i presumed something could grab my arm from under the mattress as i attempted to p.c.. it up. :3 i do no longer think that stuff anymore regardless of the shown fact that. I nevertheless get spooked via the closet if I watch an quite frightening horror action picture regardless of the shown fact that. >->

Align yourself with the part of you that is AWARE of when you are aware and when you are not aware. What you are looking for "IS" The Looker....

yes in the mind