Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 9 years ago

GTA4 CRC ERRORS! while installing GTA4?

guys, when i install GTA4 from disk 1 to disk 3 it works fine, but when i started to put the disk 4, i receive a CRC error. i cannot play the game :( so what do i supposed to do?

thanks !

Favorite Answer

Maybe your dvd its damaged.

Anyway i found this on the web:

''I did two things that may have fixed it. Which one I'm not exactly sure.

1. A thorough uninstall. I uninstalled through the control panel as normal. Next I deleted the Rockstar folder in Program files, then I went to Regedit and deleted Rockstar from the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then Software then Rockstar. Delet Rockstar.

2. Also (And the more likely cause) I have a program called Nero, which moniters CD/DVD Drive performance, I uninstalled all componants of that program.

Leading up to all of that I started off by doing a windows preboot disk error check, defraged my hard drive, and updated my DVD ROM's Firmware.

Also I can tell you pressing the Ignore option when installing the game will lead to a less than pleasing game experience.''

''solution 2:

Uninstall any compression software that you have on your computer like Winzip / Winrar etc .. and reboot ur Computer .. and then try installing .. this worked for me ..''