How to instantly cool liquid without using ice?

I'm opening up my own bubble tea store. My problem is that after boiling water and making tea, I need to put it in the refrigerator and wait for a good 3-4 hours before it will be cold enough to serve; putting ice in it will just dilute the tea further and ruin the taste. Which means I'm going to have to prepare hordes of tea in advance just so they will be cold enough. Is there a way to instantly cool the tea after I'm done making it? Even if it will just take 30 minutes, that would be a lot better than 3 - 4 hours.

Follow up question: Is there a way to mix ingredients without using a blender? Some people use the shaker used when mixing cocktails and shake it manually. While others have this automatic shaker which shakes the shaker for you, I don't know what that is called. Any suggestions?

Plus, is there such a thing as an automatic tea machine? Shop-quality, not the tea vending machine. So I don't have to manually gather gallons of water, wait for it to boil, throw in a couple of tea bags, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

My brother home-brews beer, and I just helped him make a cooling system which rapidly cools the beer after boiling the ingredients. Here's how it works:

Using connecting hardware and vinyl tubing, a coil of copper pipe is placed into the boiling liquid and has cold tap water run through it. The water coming out of the copper pipe will be boiling hot and will cool the liquid in the pot to room temperature in about 7 minutes. To cool it even faster, use a second coil of copper pipe in some ice water to cool the water before it passes through the boiling liquid. Copper is safe to use for this. You should look up beer cooling rigs for more info.

About blending: if you need to blend up a large batch of stuff, you could use an immersion blender in a large pot. This would be faster than putting small batches in a traditional blender.

And no, I've never heard of a tea machine.