I'll be talking to my son's Pre-K class about nursing (our theme is "professions"). What should I stress?

I work as a floor nurse in a medium-size hospital, and could talk about nursing for hours, but I don't want to scare the kids with gory details. Any simple activity/ answering questions I could do with them? Should I point out "basic prevention", like hands washing etc? The whole speech may be as short as 10-15 minutes, up to 30 minutes, but with their attention spans I don't want to put them to sleep. There will be about 16 kids in the room. Thanks for suggestions!

Favorite Answer

Pre-K? The only thing they will remember is your clean white uniform. If you show them how to wash their hands and explain why that is the first line of defense against diseases, some of them might remember that. I don't know any reason to tell them anything else.

ETA: You have a uniform, right? If not, go get one. White.

My daughter takes her stethoscope and lets the kids listen to their hearts. Don't tell them what to do. Tell some anecdotes about patients you helped- preferably not seriously sick patients! They'll think it's cool.