AA asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Detailed Hunger Games Plot?

I need a REALLY detailed plot summary to the Hunger Games!!! Can you please help me?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Hunger Games

By Suzanne Collins

Time Period: The Future

In what used to be North America lies Panem. The capitol is surrounded by twelve districts. Each year, each district has to send two tributes, one boy and one girl, to compete in the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is a fight to the death on TV. You have to survive without being killed. There can only be one victor. Twelve year old Primrose Everdeen's name is picked from the reaping bowl. Her sixteen year old sister, Katniss Everdeen, immediatley volunteers to take her younger sister's place in the games. But then Katniss becomes disappointed when she finds out her fellow tribute is Peeta Mellark. She never forgot one time when her family was starving and Peeta took a beating just to feed her. Katniss tries desperatley to ignore the fact that she will have to kill Peeta. Peeta and Katniss's mentor, Haymitch Aberthany, tells Katniss to pretend to be in love with Peeta in the games. So she does. At first, she just does it for the cameras. But then she realizes she really does loves Peeta. And all of PANEM knows Peeta loves her. But she doesn't want to kill him. Then, when they do something that embarrasses the Capitol, talk of rebellion starts. And Katniss started the spark that might lead to the fire of rebellion.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

In a future North America, where rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual survival competition, 16 year old Katniss's skills are tested when she voluntarily takes her sister's place. The plot contains graphic descriptions of violence. Its not detailed but its the best I could find.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.