What are some major attractions in Hawaii.?
I'm working on a paper for Social Studies, and every where I have looked, I find just boring stuff about Hawaii... It's a paper on persuading people to go there, not facts like when Hawaii became a state. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.(:
- ToriLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
First of all there are 4 main islands, Oahu, Hawaii, Maui and Kauai and numerous smaller ones. Each island has it's own specific, unique attractions. Oahu for a few examples has the city of Honolulu, the Polynesian Cultural Center, Pearl Harbor with the Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri and Bowfin Submarine. Hawaii - also known as "the big island" has the Kilauea volcano, the rainforest on the Hilo side, coffee plantations and sport fishing available. Maui is known for it's beautiful beaches, snorkeling, whale watching and viewing the sunrise from the Haleakala volcano: http://www.squidoo.com/haleakala-sunrise-bike-trip Kauai is nicknamed the "garden island" and has steep cliffs, the deep Waimea Canyon and lush vegetation. It has been used as the location of many movies including Jurassic Park.
- NaturesDoctorLv 510 years ago
Okay, you can hike up Diamond Head truly an experience on Oahu, or the Pali Lookout always very windy. On the big Island you have active volcanoes and the observatory, a course there is Pearl Harbor. And Hawaii has some of the best surfing on the north shore of Oahu, and the beaches well are just wonderful. Hawaii has every climate found in the world, the Waikiki side of Oahu is like a desert very little rain, while the north side is very green, and in the middle you will find a plateau.
- ConcernedCitizenLv 710 years ago
I haven't been to all of the islands, just Maui and Kaua'i. I've been to Maui three times, so I'm more familiar with it. Here are some of my favorite attractions:
- Beautiful beaches in a rainbow of colors (red, white, gold, and black).
- Excellent snorkeling and scuba diving with gorgeous fish (including butterflyfish not found anywhere else) and turtles.
- Surfing, body surfing, kite surfing, any kind of surfing you want. After all, it was invented in Hawaii.
- Haleakala, an extinct volcano 10,000 feet high. Watching the sunrise from it and bicycling down it are very popular activities.
- The Maui Ocean Center, a world-class aquarium.
- The Road to Hana, an experience in itself. There are so many sights to see along the way, it's always an all-day trip. Some people even stay overnight and drive back the next day to have more time to see everything. There are gorgeous waterfalls, breathtaking views, bamboo forests, tropical rain forests, O'heo Gulch (a.k.a. "Seven Sacred Pools") - a beautiful series of pools and waterfalls, the Ke'anae Arboretum, and much more.
- The Iao Valley, another gorgeous and exotic place.
- Lahaina, a picturesque former whaling town, featuring Hawaii's largest banyan tree, a natural wonder that takes up an entire block.
- Luaus, something everyone should experience at least once. The food and the entertainment are the ultimate introduction to Hawaiian culture.
- 10 years ago
Jet Skiing, Hiking, Swimming, Snorkeling, Diving, Dining, Sailing, Swimming with Dolphins, Golfing, Oahu has the most malls, shopping and night life. Maui has a decent night life but many outdoor activities. Kauai and the Big Island has more outdoor activities than night life. Molokai and Lanai are mostly quiet and more outdoor stuff.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- MomSezNoLv 710 years ago
There are many, many things to do in Hawaii. Have you tried looking at tourism websites for Hawaii or individual islands? Have you gone to your library to find a travel guidebook for Hawaii? There are also on-line guidebooks, e.g. Frommer's, Fodor's, Lonely Planet, etc., etc.
You need to learn how to use the internet and the search feature to find out info you need to know for homework and other uses.
- SandyLv 610 years ago
My son got engaged in Hawaii and also honeymooned there. They absolutely adored their time there. There are volcanoes, white sand beaches, luaus, hula dancers, the weather is divine, surfing, beautiful countryside, orchids, & Pearl Harbor just to name a few. They toured pineapple and coffee bean farms, swam with the dolphins, scuba dived and just generally had a wonderful time. Hope this helps.
- hudgensLv 44 years ago
After interpreting Adyari's comments, i could desire to confess she is the perfect source for all issues Nicaraguan. I certainly have examine countless of the comments she has made on different questions and he or she has shown a friendliness and humanity that makes the persons of Nicaragua what they are (large). do exactly what she stated and you will't omit.
- 10 years ago
people stand on the edge of the volcano's alot. but if they fall in, yeaahhh...