Does Harvey Dent die at the end of dark knight? And if so does batman break his only rule by killing him?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben M
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Some people think he died, and some think he lived. Personally I believe that he died. They showed his funeral during the movie's final montage, plus Aaron Eckhart (the actor who plays Harvey Dent) has said in interviews that Chris Nolan (the director) told him straight up that Dent is dead.

As for the other question (did Batman break his one rule?), I would argue no, he did not. Batman's rule is to not INTENTIONALLY kill anyone. He wasn't TRYING to kill Harvey, he was simply trying to protect Gordon's innocent son. Harvey died in the process unfortunately. It's all about intent, so no, I do not believe that Batman broke his rule...

• EREX94
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Yeah he died but that was because Batman was trying to protect Commissioner Gordon's son whom Harvey Dent was going to kill. I guess you can say that Batman DID break his rule but it was justifiable, at least in my book.

Source(s): I've seen it a bunch of times, it's one of my favorite movies!!
  • geri
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yeah he died but it was to protect Gordon's son. He didn't intentionally throw him off the building os i dont believe he broke his rule

Source(s): Watched it over 100 times!!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.