Allison asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do people think Americans are getting dumber when in reality we are better informed?

??????

Favorite Answer

Because we aren't. In fact, more information has made us less informed. Why would I watch the 6:00 news (unbiased) that covers just about all the major events in the world, when I all I want to know is who won the Cardinals game? Why would I listen to boring news when I could be mesmerized by Glenn Beck's (false) logic? Better access does not mean better information.

It seems you missed the point all together (a byproduct of liberal education/indoctrination???) Repeating talking points (most of which are lies and or fabrications) is NOT being better informed.

Hell look at the questions and answers about Ryan's plan concerning Medicare, if you listen to dnc talking points, he wants to murder all the seniors in the country when that is the furthest thing from the truth. (but you will hear that very same phrase repeatedly on YA by liberals on a daily/hourly basis). That is not getting better informed, that is just falling for the hype and lies.

On TV you see half the people that live in the south are incest hillbilly's who's snap judgment is too start a war. Also the fact that know one can see that you will know longer be the superpower with China growing. In fact it looks as if you won't be near that with the amount of debt you are in.

• Brutus

Having access to more information does not mean Americans are getting smarter. Intelligence is defined by a person's ability to think and rationalize.

• ?

You could be informed of evolution or global warming but still believe in imaginary figures and make your own misinformed conclusions...

NOPE I think it is not true hahahahaha no politic is bad dont think i am from IRAN we are friend but we dont know sorry i ca not write english

• GARF

Americans are immoral.