86 year old father is having hip replacement surgery...how long in the hospital?

My father is elderly, 86, in somewhat good shape except for heart arythmia; he is going to have a replacement in a few weeks. He had a replacement about ten years ago on the other side and did reasonably well. He is currently on Coumadin for blood thinning. What would be his likely stay in the hospital? I... show more My father is elderly, 86, in somewhat good shape except for heart arythmia; he is going to have a replacement in a few weeks. He had a replacement about ten years ago on the other side and did reasonably well. He is currently on Coumadin for blood thinning. What would be his likely stay in the hospital? I don't want him to be released too early because I want him to begin the recuperation safely. The hospital stay the last time was a week.

Is it likely that they will release him in 2-3 days?
Update: He is on Medicare (United States) and he purchased supplemental insurance. His hope is to have a hospital stay of at least four days with some rehabilitation in a facility for a couple of weeks to follow. He reasons that concentrated therapy will get him active more efficiently. However, Medicare requires that a... show more He is on Medicare (United States) and he purchased supplemental insurance. His hope is to have a hospital stay of at least four days with some rehabilitation in a facility for a couple of weeks to follow. He reasons that concentrated therapy will get him active more efficiently. However, Medicare requires that a person stay the minimum of three (3) midnights before an extended rehabilitory stay is possible.