Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Abusive relationship with boyfriend-10 points best answer!!!!?

my boyfriend and I have been going out for quite some time now

he is a very sweet guy..but sometimes he starts to get very rude

for example-he was being very hurtful to me and swearing at me and telling me to **** off

i told him that he cannot talk to me like that

i'm a woman and i want to be treated in a nice way-and i also said that he is hurting my feelings by talking to me like that-he said he doesnt care about my feelings

he usually talks about spending his whole life with me

and then suddenly he says he doesnt care

and he says im always the reason for the fights

im not :( :(

he doesnt understand me

but i really love him.wish he'd understand how much i love him and care for him

what do i do?

SHOULD i give him space

why is he behaving like that

should i wait for him to call

should i ignore his calls/texts for a few days!!

HELP!!!

@ Scott-thanx man :)

@mjc-i don't have to educate myself about relationships

and the other answerer-it is abuse its called Verbal Abuse

I wish there was more info here cause there are a lot if variables that could decide. But men as a species can be very stupid and a lot of the times they push away those closest to them when they need them the most. Either he cares about you a lot and is pushing you away to "keep you safe" or he's just a$$. Either way, you either give him his space and let him calm down or you stay at his side and tell him nothing he can do or say will ever push you away from him. Remind him you'll always be there for him. I know, two complete opposites of things to do but...like I said, I don't know the situation. Hopefully you know him enough to make the right call. Best wishes

Im sorta going through the same right now.. Give it some time till he realises how his been treating you

you have self respect right so let him know that your not taking any of his bull ** anymore, then he will realise his got a woman and then he wont think your always there for him even when he treats you like crap. He will gain respect if you show him that your not accepting any crap from him, let him know your not happy if he calls once dont pick up then if he calls twice pick up act cool but dont be very sweet with him like usual, say if you dont start treating me with respect your gona realise what you have once you loose it :) be strong dont show him your weakness if you do youl be wrap around his lil finger and he will think,, nah she wont leave me its cool i got her but if he sees that he might loose you he will act differently..

Well you clearly knows how a woman should be treated, so you make your choice. You can get counselling and see how things work/get out before it becomes physical abuse. He obviously has a problem since he blames you for whatever happens.

• mJc

It's the old "but I really love him" cry. To say that it's not your fault is to deny taking equal responsibility in a relationship. I highly recommend you educate yourself about relationships. Read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and any other relationship help book you can get your hands on.

P.S. Please do not get pregnant!!!

Its abuse....you need to get away from him. I know you love him but you'll be thankfull that you got away will you did

He's not worth your relationship ---- Be responsible for yourself

he's not abusive, when he hits you he's being abusive