Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 9 years ago

My Wifi wont show up on my laptop?

I changed the startup through the msconfg and changed the startup to only programs i recognize and need at the startup of the computer because i read that it was easier for the computer not to have to load all these unnessessary programs at startup NOW MY WIFI SYBOLS CONNECTION WONT SHOW UP AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF MY SCREEN AND SO MY INTERNET WONT EVEN WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO WIFI TO CLICK ON FOR THE NETWORK LIST.. PLEASE I JUST WANT TO PUT THE COMPUTER'S STARTUP THE WAY IT WAS....

P.S. I ALREADY WENT THROUGH MSCONFG AGAIN AND CHANGED THE STARTUP TO LOAD EVERYTHING BUT THE WIFI STILL WONT SHOW UP AT ALL....PLZ PLZ HELP AHVE HOMEWORK TO DO ONLINE!! THANK YOU FOR ALL RESPONSES!!

I have a Dell inspiron 1525 windows xp 16 bit

I share Wifi from my neighbor we are related so she gave us the password just so ya kno!! thank you for all help!!

I'VE ALSO TRIED THE SWITCH ON THE SIDE OF THE COMPUTER AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS USUALLY A LIST OF ALL AVAILABLE WIRELESS NETWORKS WOULD SHOW UP NOW NOTHING.

Favorite Answer

You're laptop might have a hardware (physical, real) switch which you need to activate to turn back on you're wireless adapter. Look for a switch or keyboard key with a symbol of an antenna or little wireless signs like on your phone. Also, you might have accidently damaged your wireless applet (in windows) by messing around in MSCONFIG (which isn't really designed to just disable programs you don't recognize). Here's something you can try: right click you're clock in the taskbar, and click "Customize Notification Icons". On the "network" icon, make sure it says "show icon and notifications". Also, try (in that same window), clicking "turn system icons on or off", and make sure the Wireless icon is On.

look for a function key on the laptop somewhere that shows the symbol for wifi. you might have just turnred it off. there could also be a button or switch on the side of the laptop. if not go to start-control panel-network and internet-and then enable the wireless. it might be different depending on what OS you have.

Okay if all else fails. go to dell.com/support and look for the drivers for your computer. download the wifi driver and install it. If you cant figure this out you can email me at alex.jacob.cohen@gmail.com and if you want i can remotely access your computer and try to fix it.

Source(s): Office Depot Tech Specialist

Click start

Click run

type cmd then press enter

in the black window type ipconfig press enter

this will show you your network address and gateway

open IE and enter your gateway address. IE: http://192.168.0.1

Enter your username and password.

Source(s): www.electrocomputerwarehouse.com

go back into MS config and re enable all Microsoft Services.

there might also be a service that handles your Wifi which will need to be re-enabled.

• dorthy

Your prompt community card ought to have burned out or stopped working. you additionally could have uninstalled the drivers. attempt connecting under pressure out and installation drivers on your WNC. attempt reinstalling if achievable. pass to gadget supervisor and test for hardware adjustments. you could checklist your computer for greater information.