who is better paul scholes or steven gerrard?

i am sure man united fans will say scholes and liverpool fans will say gerrard

so if you say steven gerrard you better have a pretty good reason because i think scholes is by the far the better player. you cant judge him on tackles because it wasnt his job to tackle like it wasnt gerrards job to get drunk and punch a guy in the face and become cell mates with joey barton

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

So being able to pass 60 yards is better than being able to keep the ball and see any pass he wants to? Really?

Scholes is in a different league, the reason England dont do well in tournements is because they settle for players like Gerrard, they need proper midfielders who can pass the ball, it is a shame someone like Scholes retired from international football so early.

Scholes has been a legend for United, he has been there all his life and is one of their best ever players.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Scholes and Gerrard play the same game. Although Scholes was past his best, Gerrard is still slightly in his prime. Scholes prime vs Gerrard prime I would go with Scholes because of what he has won at United

• 9 years ago

Zidane said that stevie Gerrard was one of the best midfielders of all time.. Although Scholes has won more titles than him, gerrard will always be slightly better.. Passing to perfection, shooting to perfection.. He can defend amazingly, tackle( Scholes's tackles always end up with a red card), have more assists and score much more goals.. He can play everywhere, he played as right back, central mid, winger and even striker.. He is quicker than scholes, have a better heading accuracy and can dribble!! Leadership skills goes to stevie too!!

In what way can scholes be better than Gerrard??

Source(s): A football fan who knows what he is saying!
  • 9 years ago

You Liverpool fans need an education. Scholes in his prime sh@t on Gerrard from a great height. And I am not being biased - ask Zidane, ask Davids, ask Ronaldo (Brazilian one), and Ronaldinho, ask Henry, ask GERRARD HIMSELF.

Scholes was a player who NEVER lost the ball. Hit 60 yard passes and landed them on a penny piece, controlled the tempo of the game and scored goals galore.

Seriously, Gerrard is great. But nowhere, no where, NOWHERE near Paul Scholes.

Source(s): Honesty.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Paul scholes

• Obviously your not a Liverpool fan why is his personal life got anything to do with what he does on the field?

But im gonna be biased and Gerrard anyway like you. My reason is simple, GERRARD IS BETTER THAN SCHOLES.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Gerrard as he CAN TACKLE, pass from 60 yards to prefection and has a better shot than Scholes. And Gerrard isn't so much red hotted like Scholes, he (Scholes) just goes out to break peoples legs when he is doing sh*t but Gerrard he just never gives up and tries his best..basically he has more determination to win. And also he more versatile than that ginger sod.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

at the moment its gerrard

• 9 years ago

Paul Scholes has performed better for club and country. In his prime he was definitely better than Steven Gerrard. All Gerrard could do was shoot better.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

its Steven Gerrard of Liverpool`because of his technical free kick and long range shot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.