What are some reasons a person would be sent to a psych ward?

My parents think it might be a good idea for me to be put in a psych ward because I have anxiety issues, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. I have not been diagnosed bi-polar, but they think I am. I have had suicidal thoughts and done thing (overdose, cut) and my parents think I am doing it for... show more My parents think it might be a good idea for me to be put in a psych ward because I have anxiety issues, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. I have not been diagnosed bi-polar, but they think I am. I have had suicidal thoughts and done thing (overdose, cut) and my parents think I am doing it for attention and using this to scare me. Basically they are trying to make it seem like I am screwed up, but really, the reasons I am like this is because of them. I would not be doing this for attention. So, honestly, is there any way they could even send me to a psych ward just based on what I have done? I am only 17 too. So if they wanted me to go, would I have to?
1 answer 1