Does the apt. complex owe me?

The supply line on the toilet in the apt above me came loose. This, in turn, flooded my entire apt - ruining my bed and about half of my clothing (as well as causing the apt to be gutted and remodeled). My mother thinks that the complex owes me a new bed because if they had kept up with the maintenance in the apt... show more The supply line on the toilet in the apt above me came loose. This, in turn, flooded my entire apt - ruining my bed and about half of my clothing (as well as causing the apt to be gutted and remodeled). My mother thinks that the complex owes me a new bed because if they had kept up with the maintenance in the apt above me, this would not have happened. I do not have renters insurance - and I think that the complex owes me nothing because their insurance does cover my personal belongings. Any help would be great.
Update: They put me up in a new apartment. And when I mean gutted - they had to replace all the sheet rock in the bedroom (where most of the water damage occurred), replace some sheet rock in the living room, fresh paint in the entire apt (due to discoloration by the water in the walls) and replaced all the flooring... show more They put me up in a new apartment. And when I mean gutted - they had to replace all the sheet rock in the bedroom (where most of the water damage occurred), replace some sheet rock in the living room, fresh paint in the entire apt (due to discoloration by the water in the walls) and replaced all the flooring (carpet and tile). We managed to move most everything before it got too water logged. My bed was a complete loss because that is where the majority of the water was coming in - right over the bed. And yes I know - I should have had insurance in the first place. This has been quite the wake up call.
Update 2: And the apt above me has been empty for about 2 weeks. So there was no one living in it when the supply line came loose.