Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 1 decade ago

Burlington, Ontario to Toronto, Downtown Go Transit info!!!?

Hi!!

I live in Burlington ontario and I have a course in toronto at

2 Bloor Street W

Suite 1200

Toronto, ON M4W 3E2

I'm new to Ontario and I have no clue on the routes...if I take the go train from burlington, will it take me to this address? Or if not where do I have to get off?

I need to get to this address and back for 4 days next week and Im really desperate!! Need help!!

Can someone please tell me if the go train will go there? or if not, where do I get off and how far do I walk etc?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Thanks! So when I get to union on the subway, do I have to take a bus to get to the subway or is it at the same place?

And on the subway, I get off on Bloor? Which way would 2 bloor w be?

• Ray
    Favorite Answer

As mentioned, you will take the GO train east to Union Station, then follow the signs in the GO concourse to the subway, then take the subway north via Yonge (going towards Finch) to Bloor. When you leave the train at Bloor, walk toward the front of the train and take the stairs or escalator up, make a 180-degree turn (left, then left again) to pass through the turnstiles, go up another few steps and turn to your right. You will now be in the basement of the Hudson's Bay Centre, on the northeast corner of Bloor and Yonge.

Follow the passageway to the end (near The Source), and go down a few steps to pass under Yonge St. Go up the stairs at the other end of the passageway and you'll see an escalator going up to street level. Turn right as you come off the escalator and you will be in the lobby of 2 Bloor West.

If you'd prefer to go outside, exit from the subway to the Hudson's Bay Centre, then go up to the intersection of Bloor and Yonge and cross at the lights. 2 Bloor West is on the NW corner.

• Ryan

The Go Train doesn't quite go there - all Go Trains going to downtown Toronto arrive at Union Station, which is right at the south end of the downtown core. Bloor is about three kilometers north. It works out to about a 40 minute walk. If you'd prefer, you can take the subway from Union station (make sure you take go North towards Finch and not Downsview) straight to Yonge/Bloor station - 2 Bloor West will be right there.

The train and subway station are in the same building, just follow the signs marked 'TTC', and they'll lead you to the north end of the building. And yes, you'll be getting off the subway at Bloor. 2 Bloor West is actually right at the northwest corner of Yonge and Bloor - if you pull up that intersection on Google StreetView, it's the building with the glass atrium (if you zoom in, you can see it's marked 2 Bloor West).

found this i used tomorrow date

Start Aldershot GO Station

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

End 2 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M4W 3R1, Canada

When 5/31/11 after 9:11am

Duration 1 hour 12 mins total

GMM Promo Message Here

GMM Promo Message Here

©2011 Google - Terms of Use

5 mi

10 km

Aldershot GO Station

Burlington, Ontario, Canada‎

Show: Text only | Map

Walk to Aldershot

-+Hide detailsShow details

Beta: Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths.

1. Head northwest toward Waterdown Rd

450 m

About 6 mins

Show: Text only | Map

Aldershot

Train - WD-TR - Windsor - Toronto towards Toronto

9:17am - 10:04am

(47 mins, 2 stops)

Show: Text only | Map

Toronto

Walk to UNION STATION - NORTHBOUND PLATFORM towards FINCH

About 6 mins

Show: Text only | Map

UNION STATION - NORTHBOUND PLATFORM towards FINCH

Subway - YUS - Yonge-University-Spadina towards Yonge-University-Spadina Subway

10:13am - 10:21am

(8 mins, 6 stops)

Show: Text only | Map

Bloor Station - Northbound Platform

Walk to 2 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M4W 3R1, Canada

-+Hide detailsShow details

1. Head west on Bloor St E toward Roys Square

140 m

About 2 mins