I need a few or one good teen book?!?

i really need another book. I like the mystery thriller sort of things i guess. Ones like elizabeth chandlers, dark secrets one and two and kissed by an angel. Umm like the hunger games. And deadly little secrets and those. Stuff like that and please no vampire or werewolf. I don't particularly like ones like aliens or science fiction but i did read i am number four. so any good ideas please and thank you.

ok...good ideas guys but i don't like all those fantasy things. i don't normally like angel books or ones like i am number four. Please no magic or things like that sorry.

• Favorite Answer

Matched (#1) by Ally Condie

Beautiful Creatures (#1) and Beautiful Darkness (#2) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

In The Forests of The Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Intertwined (#1) and Unraveled (#2) by Gena Showalter

Shiver (#1) and Linger (#2) by Maggie Stiefvater

Clockwork Angel (#1) (Prequel series to Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (#1), City of Ashes (#2), City of Glass (#3) and City of Fallen Angels (#4) (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare

Hush Hush (#1) and Crescendo (#2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Angel Experiment (#1), School’s Out Forever (#2), Saving The World and Other Extreme Sports (#3), The Final Warning (#4), MAX (#5), FANG (#6), ANGEL (#7) [Maximum Ride series by James Patterson]

GONE (#1), HUNGER (#2), LIES (#3), PLAGUE (#4) [GONE series] by Michael Grant

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

13 Days To Midnight by Patrick Carman

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Willow by Julia Hoban

These are mostly action/fantasy/romance (most are supernatural, not all)

The City of Bones -the tortured Jace must learn to help this new friend-or is she more than a friend? -Cassandra Clare

The Percy Jackson Series-Loved this. Percy has always had some problems in school, add, dyslexia, but he never imagined it was all because of his greek heritage -Rick Riordan Also read the prequel to this book is the Lost Hero, with all of the same characters you know and love, just different main characters.

The Clockwork Angel-Tessa thinks she is visiting England to see her brother, instead is imprisoned and saved by the mysterious and tortured Will-Cassandra Clare (Sort of a prequel to The City of Bones, you'll recognize some characters if you read both the books, but I recommend you start out with CIty of Bones)

Pretty Little Liars-4 girls share a secret, but only their now dead friend knew them...or so they thought. Will they be tortured for blackmail and live life in guilt forever? This is a great book, if you have seen the t.v series (made after the books) just remember that the books are way different from the series. - Sara Shepard, also try her other book The Lying Game. (These books take place in the narration of high school girls. Not very inappropriate but I only recommend it if you are 12 or over.

Fallen-Has Luce met this boy before? Something about him is so...so familiar -Lauren Kate (Not the best read ever, but still worth a try)

Shiver-Grace was saved by a wolf when she was very little and now her wolf has become reality-but the cold may keep their love from ever blossoming - Maggie Stiefvater (Some say this is like twilight, may be a bit cliche, but I enjoyed reading it.

The Red Pyramid- Carter and Sadie Kane have been living separately since they were as young as they could remember. But when they learn that they have the blood of the Pharaohs and have to save the world, things get a little crazy. And...are they hosting gods? -Rick Riordan. I just finished the sequel to this book Throne of Fire, and loved it. I still think Percy Jackson and the Olympians was a better read, but you'll definitely get into this book. It was very well written and lots of sarcasm. It will have you actually laughing out loud.

Unearthly-this is a less popular but highly loved book. Unearthly follows Clara, a teenage angel, as she moves to Wyoming to find her Angelic purpose, rescuing a popular boy named Christian. Clara's mother has and Wendy whose brother Tucker becomes very important in Clara's life. Cynthia Hand's writing style was descriptive but still to the point. Her descriptions of the wilderness around Jackson Hole was beautiful. She also omitted slow, in-between scenes, so every scene felt important and added something to the story. This is not your average angel book and thankfully not another crappy one. At heroine is strong and focused, allowing nothing to get in her way. -Cynthia Hand

I highly recommend the Cassandra Clare books. She is one of my favorite authors. Cleverly adding sarcasm and great character build. Always has me wanting more, couldn't stop reading her books. (I even got my friend who hates to read hooked on these books) Also Rick Riordan, definitely on my top 5 for authors, makes Greek Mythology super interesting, while giving a modern twist and characters that everyone will love.

With the knowledge that you enjoyed Kissed by An Angel, just remember that there will be a lot of let downs in terms of angel books, trust me I've read enough to know. I do recommend Unearhtly for the reason that the plot is good, the writing is fresh and fun and the heroine isn't some annoying girl with no life and can't defend herself.

Some of the intros I gave above can be deceiving so check online and see how people rated the books. A website I love to use www.goodreads.com people can rate anything and everything and definitely gives you an idea about the book, and if you might like it.

This stuff is anything BUT the classics, but have been very popular, and you'll mot likely see one of them on the YA (young adult) or teen reading sections of your local book store

Pretty Little Liars Series

have you read the new book of Elizabeth Chandlers they published the fourth book of Kissed by an Angel and there is fifth of the dark secret series.

Big Fan of Elizabeth Chandler. =3

Hush Hush

Gone (Michael Grant)

The Immortals

Ash

Noughts and Crosses (Not exactly like Chandlers but very good)

Harry Potter (Again, not your preference but it is such a great book)

13 Reasons Why

Dark Secrets (Good Book)

Source(s): Me Myself and I
  • Leann

Just Listen and Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen they are good. No magic or any of that crap. Ummm Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly is really good. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is really good. It's not like Kissed by an Angel but it's still really good. Worth giving a try. Hope I helped.

The Mortal Instruments (series) by Cassandra Clare is pretty awesome, I'm on the second book. I would also suggest the Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins (this was the series she wrote before THG)

Good luck!

Perhaps one or two of these may catch your attention:

Dream factory - Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler

Two teens, hired as replacements for striking Disney World workers, find an attraction to each other in the Magic Kingdom.

Story of a girl - Sara Zarr

After she is caught with her brother's friend in the back seat of his car, Deanna has to deal with a ruined reputation.

Wait for me - An Na

When Mina falls in love with a young coworker at her parents' dry cleaners, she struggles between her mother's dreams for her and true love.

Someone like Summer - M.E. Kerr

When Annabel, daughter of a contractor, and Esteban, a Latino immigrant, begin a relationship, they are at odds with many of the supercilious residents in the resort town of Seaview.

More than friends - Katherine Spencer

After her brother dies, Grace finds herself falling for his best friend Jackson, who has some serious problems of his own.

Enthusiasm - Polly Shulman

Fans of Jane Austen's novels, Julie and Ashleigh decide to imitate their heroine and try to discover True Love in high school.

Undercover - Beth Kephart

A quiet girl writes love notes for the people in her school, but her feelings for one student may change her.

The Market - J.M. Steele

When Kate finds out that someone is rating all the girls in her class, she is determined to make sure her score rises, no matter what it takes.

Sixteen candles - Tia Williams

Tangie and her friends juggle romance, classes, and the arts with their friendship as the "It Chicks".

Good enough - Paula Yoo

Patti is trying to get into an Ivy League school to please her parents, but this Korean-American teen also wants to have fun.

Divine Confidential - Jacquelin Thomas

After she moves from Hollywood to Georgia, Divine still wants to live her life as a diva and find romance.

The falconer's knot - Mary Hoffman

Sent to live in a friary and a convent, Silvano and Chiara want to wed, but first they must solve the mystery of murders in the friary.

A higher geometry - Sharelle Byars Moranville

In the late 1950s, Anna feels she must choose between the traditional role her parents expect of her and her dream of going to college to study mathematics.

Shift - Jennifer Bradbury

Two friends attempt to bike cross-country until a vicious verbal conflict explodes between them. Suddenly the long-anticipated arrival in Seattle seems almost impossible to one cyclist.

Hush Hush?