Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Why do Christians deny the evidence against creationism like fossil layers?

It's a little ridiculous for mature adults to ignore scientific fact.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • anon
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

it's a matter of interpretation of the physical evidence, that is why evolution is JUST a theory

• 3 years ago

that would not clarify evolution in any respect. If something it explains the age of the earth and geology. This has not something to do with the change which takes position in a species by the years. notwithstanding, sedimentary layers may also take position promptly because the outcome of a international flood.

• 9 years ago

Affirming the consequent. A logical fallacy.

The fossil layers could just as easily make the case for biblical creation and worldwide flood.

• 9 years ago

the bible doesn't disagree with science any christian who says different hasn't done there research isn't

Not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. The seven days of creation, for example, are symbolic, referring to extended periods of time.—Genesis 1:31; 2:4.

(Genesis 1:31) “After that God saw everything he had made and, look! [It was] very good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day.”

(Genesis 2:4) “This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.”

Notice it says “in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.” This scripture is referring to the entire 7 days as 1 “day” In Hebrew the word “Yom” is mainly translated ‘day’ and it is used in a variety of different ways and could mean epoch or an extended, but undetermined period of time which means these days could be referring to tens of millions of years Or more.

And God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a first day. (Genesis 1:5)

The word "morning" has reference to a beginning.

The word "evening" has reference to an ending.

So the words morning and evening don’t have to be referring to literal 24 hour days as they could be referring to the beginning and ending of an epoch. This basically means that the bible does not 100% disagree at all with science.

earth may be older then what most Christians think anyone who says other wise is thinking irrationally.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I see layers of sediment with dead things scattered throughout them. To me that says something was buried in a muddy flood. I see no so-called geological column. That only exists in your high school text book.

As for the idea that trees take millions of years to grow and have the bottom portions of their trunks buried every 10,000 years, well there's plenty of evidence to the contrary that that happens. Those trees were buried rapidly in sediment that sorted itself, as sediment is wont to do. We've observed this happening in modern times, such as with the Mt. St. Helens eruption. Buy yourself one of those sand frame thingies and see for yourself how it works.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What do you know of Scientific fact, and what do you accept as Scientific fact??

Are you capable of distinguishing the difference?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I deny any evidence against creationism because to me it is the devils work trying to deceive us and pull us away from God. Call it close minded I call it not wanting to take part in his deceptions. I want to earn a spot in heaven someday and I want to see the Lord. :-)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Living fossils. I still have not had an evolutionist explain to me why they didn't evolve.

Source(s): And i ask alot, like right now, if mutations never stop occuring, why do we not see morphological changes in organisms over mountanious periods of geologic time?
  • 9 years ago

You have said the "M" word.

Maturity.

Creationists lack scientific maturity and sophistication.

• 9 years ago

We don't ignore it. In fact, we kind of embrace it. There's this account about a world wide deluge....perhaps you've read about it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.