WHAT IS THE PASSPORT FONT?

I'm doing a scavenger hunt for some students at my school, and they're "traveling the world" and i want the front to look as realistic as possible. does anyone know the font they type the word Passport on the front of american passports?

• Greg N
    Favorite Answer

I'm laughing sitting here reading this other answer here. Get a grip! With the many features of today's passports, including microchips in the latest versions, the font is hardly a concern. But I suspect some feel it is important to be official 100% of the time. This is why our immigration system is screwed up. Too many people who feel they must tow the line or else they are betraying something.

To figure out the font or something similar to it, I suggest going to MS Word or any other word processor, typing the same word in all the fonts that look close, printing out what you type, and comparing it from that. If you don't have a passport to refer to, I'm sure there are sample documents including passports online to compare to.

Oh, and make sure you tell your students not to go near any ports of entry or foreign countries with these fake passports. Certain people might not understand scavenger hunts and think all the kids are part of a conspiracy. I'm still laughing over that answer!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

WHAT IS THE PASSPORT FONT?

Source(s): passport font: https://shortly.im/eCJFe

Machine Readable Travel Documents (MRTDs), including passports and visas. These MRTD make it easy for automated systems to scan a travel document.

All countries use the same font, monospace font OCR-B. It is printed as "Size 1", which works out to be about 14 point.

• cover font is minion pro bold

To help prevent fraud and forgery, you cannot get the info or the font. Do NOT attempt to make your school project look too authentic! Do NOT attempt to obtain the font. And if the party theme is traveling the world, you do not want one particular country's passport, you want a design with a globe or something, exotic-sounding "passport/visa stamps," etc. Your idea for the party needs tweaking.