Questions About My Diabetes?

Im sorry but I really need to vent to someone right now, so if you don't wanna listen thats cool! I am a little over 16 and I guess I can safely say I am a type 1 diabetic as of a few hours ago. It all happend really fast, yesterday I was with my friends shopping and I passed out and had to go to the... show more Im sorry but I really need to vent to someone right now, so if you don't wanna listen thats cool!

I am a little over 16 and I guess I can safely say I am a type 1 diabetic as of a few hours ago. It all happend really fast, yesterday I was with my friends shopping and I passed out and had to go to the hospital. They took a lot of tests and I thought i was just dehydraded but they told me my blood sugar was roughly around 630. To be honest I have no idea what that means but I guess normal is around 100 for blood sugar so I was scared. The doctors were real nice but they told me I am going to have to stay at the hospital for a couple more days. So now I am chillen in my hospital room because they told me I would have a long day tomorrow with classes with my family.

I am just really scared to ask my doctors these questions so I thought I would ask on here to people more relatable.

Are the shots going to hurt all the time? I have had 2 shots so far and they really hurt.

Will I stay in hospitals for days frequently once I am in reality or do I never have to come back?

Since my blood sugar was so high, do you think my sugar has been high my whole life? Why did it just go in affect now when I passed out?

I heard from someone you can get a pump or something and I wont have to take shots, how much longer until i can get one with those?

The doctor told me diabetics check their sugar around 10-12 times a day, is that everyday for the rest of your life or just for the first year or something?

What do they teach you in these classes I a going to have to go to tomorrow?

At school, how do you check your sugar, take shots and all of this stuff? Do you do it in front of everyone during class or what?

I do sports, will they understand if I have to tell them I have to sit out because I dont want something bad to happen and I will be really scared if something happens at practice and nobody knows what the heck to do with me!

Lastly, do I tell people I have diabetes? I feel really embarassed that all of my friends saw me pass out and I dont want to view me as like a "hassle" to hang out with. I have had a boyfriend and I am really close with his family, I am even going on a cruise with them this Summer. Will it be awkward when I have to do all of this stuff in front of them like taking the shots. I dont want to pass out again and feel embarrased because I don't get why I have this and nobody else does that I know of.I just really needed to vent and release those questions, I feel better about myself even if nobody reads them.

Thank you so much if you sat through and read all of that, it seriously means a lot and I dont even know you guys!