worldwide systems, the bank of new york mellon...?

Has anyone received a check from Worldwide payment systems, The bank of New York Mellon? I received one without a letter of explanation. The amount is for $2,405.00. Is it legit? or some scam, and if it is a scam hat can they gain by this?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Yawker
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like a scam. Are you sure you haven't signed up for some get rich quick or work from home offer on the internet? I would never cash this, but if it truly arrived out of the blue and you're considering this, then look at what you're endorsing. You may be accepting an agreement by endorsing it and there's also a chance that it will bounce and you'll get charged a fee. But again, I would not endorse anything that just showed up in the mail.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Sandra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The Bank of New York Mellon is a clearing house bank. I've received dividend checks from various companies through The Bank of New York Mellon. The checks have always cleared with no problem.

• Lesus
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Either a scam or a mistake. If there's an address, phone number or URL on the check, they might expect you to contact them, or in a day or two they might send a letter or call you asking for your personal information. Don't bother trying to cash or deposit the check.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.