Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Are Cons stuck in a rut when it comes to listening to music? Most artists are Liberal. How do they manage?

I remember they asked Tim Pawlenty who was on his iPod, and he said Bruce Springsteen.

Bruce Springsteen is a hardcore Liberal and helped out on Obama's 2008 campaign.

Even when Bush's iPod list was revealed, it had many Liberal artists, many that were anti-Bush and campaigned against him: http://articles.cnn.com/2005-04-12/entertainment/b...

So who do Cons listen to? The only people I can think of are country singers, and even that doesn't guarantee they'll be Conservative music artists. Remember the Dixie Chicks disappointing so many Con fans by revealing their disdain for Bush and his illegal Iraq War? Turned out the Dixie Chicks were Liberal.

I loved that moment BTW - Cons acted like Julius Caesar when he found out Brutus betrayed him. Et tu, Dixie?

Ted Nugent is a far-right musician that likes to attack Obama. I guess many Cons listen to him.

Favorite Answer

They listen to country music...but not the old school cool stuff like Merle Haggard, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Emmylou Harris....but rather they like the modern country-pop excrement like Faith Hill, Gretchen Wilson, Keith Urban and all the other lame country crap that was really popular during the Dumbya Bush years.

• andy

Easy, it has been a long standing fact that artists have always been liberal, free thinking people. That goes all the way back to the beginning of time. There is nothing new about this. Also, in the case of the Dixie Chicks, they were in FRANCE when they came out about Bush and the Iraq war.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but we never had a peace treaty signed after the first Iraq war which means that hostilities could start at any time. When the UN Security Council voted for I think the 14th time condemning Iraq and Saddam was attacking our aircraft it gave us the right to go in and finish the job. Try to listen to something other then left wing air bags.

Nice try with this excruciatingly dumb bit of propaganda.

1] In your rush to try to slam Conservatives you answered your own question which in fact shows you are only asking this question in an attempt to smear Conservatives.

Tim Pawlenty listens to Bruce Springsteen who is a Liberal yet you insinuate that we do not listen to Liberal artists.

President Bush had many Liberal artists on his iPod yet you claim we do not listen to Liberal artists.

2] So your claim that we only listen to country music is obviously false. Again Tim Pawlenty listens to Springsteen who is not a country singer.

3] Unlike Liberals we are content to listen to the work of Liberals who make music. We tend to take the music on a case by case basis as you have proven.

Clearly you were in such a rush to try to smear us that you didn't think things through. But that is OK most questions from Liberals on here are the same way and are just as easily debunked as yours.

I am a Conservative and listen to a lot of music that happens to be performed by Liberals. Unlike you guys we don't hate everything about a person we disagree with. I guess that tired old Liberal claim is debunked too thanks for your help on that.

Music has no politics, I listen to a wide assortment of music. Only libs assign such labels to people and music.What was illegal about the Iraq war? As I recall the congress voted to authorize the use of force to remove him. I have yet to see a similar resolution about Libya. I know members of the military that liked CDs of the Dixie chicks, they made great targets.

I love liberal artists, like Elton John and Queen. I absolutely hate Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent is a dirty whore mongering, hate filled turd. However, fantasy and reality are two separate things. People who live in the real world know this, but it can not be helped that those who live with such wealth that they are care free in their ways wouldn't comprehend it. Ignorance is bliss. The road to hell was paved with good intentions.

• I will listen to artists who may be libs, but don't openly sing about it, or try to use their celebrity as a forum for their agenda. Like the book title says, shut up and sing.

• Cheese

I'm conservative and I listen to Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy. Guess I don't fit the stereotype.

• Pixie

I listen to Cher. And I'm a conservative. Care to explain?

• Ross

im conservative and i listen to classic rock and some country (including Texan)

I sometimes listen to COuntry! PS, COnservatives hate Bush too. He is a freaking Liberal.