How do you replace the bulb in a triangular under cabinet halogen kitchen light.?

here is a link to the exact unit:

i can get the bulb part out of the main casin but the bulb itself is enclosed in a metal housing. Please help!

3 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your light fittings look to be the same as the Eterna ones I often fit under kitchen cabinets etc, which use 12 Volt. G4 halogen bulbs, and come in two parts, the triangular base and the bulb housing assembly. To change the bulb the glass has to be removed from the housing assembly by carefully prizing out the push fit ring which retains it, with a small screwdriver. The ring is a tight fit in the housing and you may need to prize it at two or three points to remove it. Once the glass is removed the bulb can be pulled out.

    Hope this helps.

    Source(s): Electrician.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    Under Lights For Kitchen Units

  • 9 years ago

    Sorry never come across these before.....if it looks like the bulb must be placed in downwards so the prongs stick out at the bottom then it makes sense that the housing would un-screw / detach at the glass end...wear a pair of rubber gloves to get a good grip...look for any joint areas...and go gently...

    Failing contact lark and larks and get their assistance..Good luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.