Calli asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

If shyness is biologically based is it truly possible to overcome it?

without taking some weird drug to alter your brain chemistry

Best Answer

Well shyness is NOT biologically based... however, it is difficult to change your personality but it can be done.... so, yes... shyness can be overcome.

The best way to start is to put yourself out there.... and take risks... meaning talk to a stranger, join clubs or special interests groups, ask that special person out --- might as well screw up a million times, than wait all your life to screw up and then die without being able to screw up some more... or maybe get it right...

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but I've been wondering the same thing. I've known some people who say they "got over their shyness," but I don't really think they were shy in the first place. I think our culture really looks down upon shy/quiet people, which is a shame. Other places in the world it's highly respected.

you can definitely become a bolder person...but you have to really set your mind to it

meds can help regardless of what caused it

• Matt

its overcomable