Tyler
Lv 6
Tyler asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

If you say foreign policy is where you're an expert shouldn't you know the difference between Iraq and Iran?

Tim Pawlenty who claimed he has the advantage compared to other republicans thanks to his foreign policy knowledge/experience now has surprise surprise confused Iraq with Iran.

"PAWLENTY: Yea, well I think the situation now in IRAN is such that Secretary Gates is negotiating with whether the United States Military will be there beyond the end of this year. And they’re looking to the IRANIANS to see if they invite the Americans to stay, invite us to stay. And if they do invite us to stay at some very reduced level I think the United States will be wise, until we make sure that they get to the next level of stability, to accept that invitation. So if IRAN makes that invitation by the end of the year, leaving a residual force, a greatly reduced force, but a residual force that would be there for a temporary amount of time. Until they could establish much better air security, until they can develop their intelligence. "

FACEPALM

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/26/tim-pawlenty-i...

This is almost as funny as Herman Cain lecturing about reading the Constitution and then confusing it with the Declaration of Independence( http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/23/cain-reread-co... )

Oh you silly Republicans...

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Republicans....Morons...

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

If misspeaking made a person ineligible to be President there would never be a President. Funny how the Democrats are reduced to the same old tired "Saul Alinsky" playbook. Ridicule, degrade, destroy your opponent but never engage them in debate or they will expose your real agenda.

Will this sort of thing work? No. You are never going to sway people away from the common sense Conservative message with such tactics. But, you really don't have anything else.

Must be disheartening to be a Democrat with such looming disaster hanging over your heads.

• 9 years ago

I think it would be a great help if people who asked questions here made sense or knew what they were asking about.

Do you ever notice how some ask a question that makes absolutely no sense or loaded with wrong info?

At least he got the countries in the same geographical area,that's better than asking someone to name a country north of the U.S. and they give the name of a state in the U.S.!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He misspoke. He hasn't had the experience of living in all the Muslim countries and reciting the Call to Prayer daily like Obama has.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Pawlenty FAIL

• 9 years ago

Yes, you should know the difference. I think the GOP must often confuse those two, considering we invaded Iraq yet Iran is the country with all the ties to international terrorism.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

To be president of the United States, shouldn't you know how many states are actually in the United States?

And shouldn't you know what year it is??????

• 9 years ago

Just a slip of the tongue. It doesn't mean anything. Find a better reason to beat on people you don't like.

It seems to be normal to blame for everything you can the people you don't like while excusing from any blame people you do like.

Source(s): For decades I studied philosophies, cultures, and social institutions began because of the confusion resulting from my military experience under the shadow of neo-Marxist indoctrination in the universities.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Iran spelled backward is Nari, Iraq spelled backward is Qari.

That's how I keep them straight.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If you are president of the United States, shouldnt you know that Europe is a continent. Big deal. He misspoke.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah, he goofed. It was a stupid mistake but I understand how difficult it is to distinguish between all the towelheads.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.