promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

United States vs Russia war(without nukes)?

I was on wikipedia and i was researching the United States and Russian military. By far, the united states has a way more powerful military. The only aspect in which Russia has more things is in the tanks. Russia has a bigger tank force than the united states, but the united states is more powerful and advanced in every other aspect. Why do people keep asking if Russia and the United States go to war, who will win? that is not supposed to be a question as the united states would annihilate russia.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In theory the US should beat Russia. The US militarily has both numerical and technological supremacy in most areas. The US also has a stronger economy and larger population although Russia has more indigenous resources. The US also has more powerful allies than Russia if they were to be included in such a conflict.

As you say if any conflict took place and was non-nuclear then the US should in theory hold most of the cards. But if Russia played the few they have well then by no means would the outcome be a certain US victory.

I've no idea where the guy above got the 19 million troop figure from. Ever since the end of the Cold War and the Russian economy collapsed in the early 1990's the country's military went into a decline as they simply couldn't afford it and only recently have they started investing in it again. Current active troop numbers for Russia standing at approx. 2 million (Active and Reserve personnel combined)

Source(s): Wikipedia for troop numbers, they were backed up by good sources.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

I think an Invasion of Russia or the US would have to retain a nuclear component which would result in mutually assured destruction of both nations which would be stupid and futile. A Russia vs US conflict would most likely be a series of proxy wars on multiple continents which would result in some sort political collapse of one the 2 powers.

• 9 years ago

In the last part of your paragraph you say "Why do people keep asking if Russia and the United States go to war, who will win?", you do realise YOU just asked this question, right?

Neither could invade the other. Outside of their respective countries I'd imagine the United States has the comfortable upper hand.

• 6 years ago

Its funny how some guy going for Russia came in and disliked all the people saying america.

The USA has a better chance at least. Its still hard to say, but we have a little more "weaponry" than they do. (nukes) But Russia does have more troops.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, without nukes being a factor, the only thing that would lead to a Russian victory is the amount of other battles and conflicts that the USA is held up in right now. We have so many troops overseas that an immediate attack from Russia would strain our ability to gather an immediate, strong, well rested fighting force.

• 5 years ago

The USA. It has far better technology are far better trained soldiers. It also has a much larger army, navy, and air force. They only thing Russia has is more nukes

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

USA would win. It would be hard for Russia if they tried to invade from the west. Our navy and airforce would demolish anything they bring to water. The real battle would be on ground. While Russia has more in numbers, USA is better trained and equipped technologically. We posses the best tech.

• 9 years ago

I agree that America would win, but Russia also has two other things going for it, if not three.

First, while the U.S. population is about 200,000,000 people stronger than Russia's, Russia's total number of military personnel is greater than the U.S.'s by about 19,000,000. If you do the math, that's about 10 or 11 Russian soldiers for every American one.

Second, even though the U.S. does have military strategies, Russia has held off two of the greatest military generals throughout history. They held off Napoleon in 1812 with their "scorched earth" policy. They also held off Hitler, though he did get a ways through Russia before they turned him back.

But overall, I'm willing to assume we would win a war against Russia, unless someone on either side gained allies. Which would consequently lead to WW3.

• Mark F
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Without nukes? Not possible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.