Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Can some please explain to me how to play american football (just a curious british kid)?

I just really find the game difficult to understand!

Thank you every who answerd

Best Answer

On the big long kickoff, the special team runs it back as far as they can until they get tackled. offensive team has 4 chances to move the ball down the field with 10 yards. 1st and 10. team gains 3 yards. 2nd and 7. team gains 6 yards. 3rd and 1. team gains 5 yards. it restarts to 1st and 10 once they gain 10 yards.. they do that until they hit the endzone and get a touchdown. go to google, search brainpop. sign up(trust me it aint hard) and look up football and watch the little cartoon video. thats the best way.

• Levi

American Football is one of the most complex sports in the world. You'd have to just watch a game to get a basic understanding. Look up American football positions, and try to watch highlights of a game on YouTube.

Yeah,you're just going to have to watch the game enough to understand it.

Took me an entire season to get nearly everything down-penalty rules and all.

Thanks for having an open mind though :) most british don't give american football a chance.

Football is a very complicated game that involves lots of strategy, but the game itself is relatively simple. I wrote an article awhile back which provides some good resources for your question, although it is an article dealing mostly with preparing for creating a fantasy football league.

football is very complex but you would jus hav to watch it one sunday and watch all the teams nd find the one you like and you will learn faster than you think< and you can also play Madden

The BBC did a pretty good job of it in 2005. Have a read of this link and see what you think.

Think rugby, except you're allowed one forward pass per play, and there is a scrum after every tackle.

I don't know either, I hope I learn something from your answers.

Thank you.