I was spending the night in my aunt's villa one summer.
That night,being on a strange bed and feeling excited,prevented me from sleeping.
I slipped out of bed and went to the garden.
My cousin Tommy was there, and we soon started a conversation in front of the garden fence.
Suddenly, a strange noise coming from behind, made me spin around.
There, creeping just behind our heels, was a snake of remarkable length!
"Stand still. Tommy! Stand still," I ordered.
The snake crept slowly under our feet.
Tommy seemed to feel our dangerous condition too.
My heart beat fast, and my brow was covered with sweat.
I stood rooted in the ground.
My hair stood on end when the snake crept over my shoes.
I thought that my last moment had come.
However, the snake soon crept away without noticing us.
I managed to turn to Tommy and say, "Let's go,"
after the danger had passed.
This was easier said than done, for it was almost impossible to move with our stone like limbs.(1)Suddenly, a strange noise coming from behind, made me spin around.這句翻意是==>驟然間,後面傳來一種奇異的聲響,使我急忙轉身.
(2)a snake of remarkable length!這句翻意是==>有一條相當長的蛇,我想問的是,我要問的是,一般會用到remarkable嗎.還有其它字可以形容蛇的長度的詞嗎.
(3)I stood rooted in the ground.這句翻意是==>我的腳在地上生根地站著.感覺翻的還是不太了解,請別還有別的翻法嗎.
(4)I thought that my last moment had come.這句翻意是==>我以為我的最後命運已經來到了,感覺翻的還是不太了解,請別還有別的翻法嗎.
(5)However, the snake soon crept away without noticing us.這句翻意是==>不過,那條蛇並沒有注意到我們,不久便爬過了,
(6)I managed to turn to Tommy and say, "Let's go,"這句翻意是==>我勉力轉身對Tommy說,我們走吧,其中的managed可以翻成設法嗎.在英文中有這個用法嗎.
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
(1) Spin 旋轉
(2) Remarkable 很可觀 也可以用 Incredible, unbelievable...
(3) 我的腳緊緊(用力)站在地上, 一動也不動, 好像生了根似的
(4) 我以為我的最後時刻已經來到了 也就是說我以為我要死了
(5) noticing 沒有 notice(d) 常會用到 noticing 可以當句首 不過前面通常會有解釋是在說誰. Ex: Alec looked around the room carefully. Noticing the shiny object lying on the floor, he walked over to investigate.
(6) Manage 的確有管理的意思 不過在這裡是 勉力或勉強. Ex: A: How did the test go? B: Oh, I managed. A: 嘿 考試考的如何? B: 噢 還不錯 過關了啦
Hope this helped~
- Anonymous9 years ago