How do you increase your memory(RAM) when it is low. I have added as much memory as my computer will take?

I have also deleted as many files as i know it is safe to delete. My computer move extremely slow and often brings up the message that my memory is low. I have used all the clean disk tools and defrag. also deleted cookies and temp files. There is one program a print workshop, that will not remove from my... show more I have also deleted as many files as i know it is safe to delete. My computer move extremely slow and often brings up the message that my memory is low. I have used all the clean disk tools and defrag. also deleted cookies and temp files. There is one program a print workshop, that will not remove from my add/delete programs list. all the files say "read only" and it is not accessible, but when I try to remove it..it is still on the list. Any one have any advice...other than get a new computer? Just can't do that right now. Thanks for your help!
Update: John J. I have windows xp and it is many programs like watching videos online, playing games on fb, even when i opened your answer from my email it took a few minutes. Everything just seems to move slow. I notice it more so when I play some games on FB like Farmville for example, it comes up that my memory is low.
Update 2: Halfwords McGill, now that clicks on a light bulb...thanks I learned something new about memory vs storage...now I see why the things i did were not a help, Thanks!!!
Update 3: Omi, I tried to do as you said..only thing is I didn't know what was safe to delete and didn't want to mess things up worse. Thanks!