Income tax/pay stub question in Canada?

I haven't done my taxes in about 4 years, i grew up not knowing how to do it or being taught not to really give a crap about it - i realized that this could get me in trouble for "tax evasion" - i want to be able to do it accurately but i lost nearly all my pay stubs - is there anywhere i can call or go to a website that i can possible get these pay stubs? i was told there is a company that can give them all to me for free but i don't know anything about them

anyone help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

1 Answer

  • Fred S
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    First, you're guilty only of stupidity, not tax fraud. You're not required to file a tax return if you don't owe any money.

    No one uses pay stubs to do their tax return. We all get T4s from our employer at the beginning ot the year. If you have your T4s, then file your returns from them.

    If you don't have your T4s, CRA does. Call them at 800-959-8281.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.