Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

How do you say "I'm sorry" in Korean?

I'd appreciate if you used Hanguel. Rominizations confuse me. Like, just a regular "Sorry!", and a more formal, deep "I'm really sorry!"

Hanguel, please!

If I wanted the wrong answer, I would have used "google". :\ Besides, I was having trouble finding the hanguel, because as I said, I have trouble pronouncing the rominazations correctly.

Best Answer

In Korean formal language or 존댓말 (jondaetmal), you say 죄송합니다 (joe-song-hap-ni-da).

죄송합니다 is pronounced joe-song-ham-ni-da because of a rule called palatisation.

Also, 'joe' sounds more like 'chwe' because ㅈ is in the initial position and ㅚ is commonly pronounced 'we' as in 'wear'.

In Korean casual language or 반말 (banmal), you say 미안헤 (mi-an-hae). ㅎ is silent after a consonant so it sounds like mi-an-ae. Say 미안헤 really fast and you'll see what I mean.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

Source(s): I can speak Korean.

Sorry In Korean

• Alex

Normal, regular sorry: 미안해(요) [include last syllable to be polite, drop last syllable to talk to close friends and significantly younger people]

Sincere, oh God I really screwed up type of I'm sorry: 죄송합니다 (in polite and formal form--since you're gonna want to be respectful when you screw up badly. It's generally the form it's used in).

Sorry In Korean= 죄송합니다

im really sorry im Korean= 메신저 정말 죄송합니다

sorry in hanguel=i dont know srry

"I'm sorry" in Korean would be "Mianhe".

죄송합니다. (Jo-eh-song-hap-ni-da) - Polite

Minahe - 미안 해 - Informal

Source(s): Learning Korean
  • Method

미안 해요

미안 해요

Source(s): Google Translate

How do you say "Google it" in Korean?

Ay-Sow-wi

Source(s): (Manju transliteration system)