I quit my job after one day training and didn't get paid?

So I got a job I filled out all the forms gave them my information for payroll. I worked one day and after that day I realized working in those conditions was not good for my health. I suffer from extreme migraines and within my first hour of working there I started to feel a migraine coming on. I stuck it out thinking it was just stress and being nervous because it was my first day. I worked 10 hours that day and when I got home I had a horrible migraine and I felt emotionally drained. I had never felt so stressed out in my life so I called the next day after going to see my specialist and informed my boss it would not be good for my health to work there. She seemed fine with it and just told me to send her an email of my resignation and I did right away. This happened 3 weeks ago. Their pay roll pays every other Thursday and I still have not got paid. Do they legally have to pay me ?

I did not know that working there would cause me migraines like it did. The air quality in the office was poor it was too hot and there was absolutely no air conditioning and I smelt gasoline all day. I technically trained and started working in one day. I was basically taking the place of a girl going on mat leave and they put me to work right away and I did clock in and out. I don't have to worry about another job because I have another job that I was even going to keep for weekends. I would not have taken the job if i knew it was going to affect me in that way. It was an office job and I work in an office right now I and don't have any problems there. I also informed my boss that I did speak with my doctor and I told her about my condition she didnt seem mad at all she was actually understanding about it. I would also never take someone to court for 100 dollars I was just wondering if I should be expecting the pay.

Favorite Answer

Hopefully you informed them that you do suffer from those things and maybe they would've shown you some grace. If you would have came with some statement from a doctor prior to having that position then perhaps...but..since a lot of people quit their jobs after one day and it's something regular maybe you don't have anything. And besides you're complaint is over a days wage of work, you can easily find another job. Taking that this happened 3 weeks ago this gives you enough time to get an easier job. Also why would you send in a resignation? This shows your boss that you did not even want to try to be flexible in which you've wasted a huge amount of processing and valuable training and they could have been helping someone else out. Yeah your situation sucks because of the migraines but maybe you should have considered that before working or been prescribed for some medicine to help you throughout the day. But you've done everything backwards so maybe they're taking out the time that you've wasted to make up for their expenses. Legally if they say they will pay you and you have documentation to prove that then yes you could take it to some court, but you'll have to hire a lawyer and do investigation and that's going to cost even more money. Just throw it away and learn from your mistakes. Especially if its something only for a petty $80 dollars.

Source(s): Common Sense.

I do not know if they have a legal obligation to pay you, but I am astounded that you seem to think you ought to be paid for showing up unfit for work. Just being there was not the same as doing something productive for them. You wasted their time. It cost them money to process your application, hire you and try to train you that day.

• ?

You are not entitled to pay and some companies would charge you for that training

did you fill out any time sheet and get it approved? - few companies pay without that

maybe they don't even remember you were there if there was no time sheet