Pokemon Black and White Training Question?

Ok so I almost done ev training all the pokemon I plan to use in online battling and I realized I never raise a psychic, rock, or ground type so I was wondering which pokemon of each type should I raise and what should its ev and moves be?

BTW does anyone have an extra fire stone to spare

5 Answers

Relevance
  • LIN
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your question isn't very specific so it's hard to say. Are you aiming for a Standard tier team? Under-Used? What are your other teammates? Would you run trick room, any preference in moves/stats, and can they have a secondary typing or just pure? You really need to elaborate more. I assume if you do online battling then you'd use Standard (OU) Pokemon. In that case I'll mention a few good ones:

Psychic:

Latios (yes he is allowed in OU now as far as I've researched):

move 1: Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse

move 2: Surf

move 3: Hidden Power Fire

move 4: Recover / Thunderbolt / Psyshock

item: Life Orb / Expert Belt

nature: Timid

evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Reuniclus (only use if you have slow teammates as this is a Trick Room set):

move 1: Trick Room

move 2: Psychic / Psyshock

move 3: Shadow Ball

move 4: Focus Blast / Protect

nature: Quiet

ability: Magic Guard

item: Life Orb

evs: 172 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD

ivs: 0 Spd

Good offensive Psychic types: Azelf, Metagross, Latias, Jirachi, Starmie.

Good defensive Psychic types: Bronzong, Cresselia (to an extent but shaky), Musharna, Slowbro (with Regenerator ability through Dreamworld)

Rock: (rock tends to be a poor defensive type though so less options)

Tyranitar:

move 1: Stealth Rock / Ice Beam / Superpower

move 2: Crunch

move 3: Fire Blast

move 4: Ice Beam / Superpower

item: Leftovers

nature: Sassy

evs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD

Archeops:

move 1: Acrobatics

move 2: Rock Slide

move 3: Earthquake / Quick Attack

move 4: Protect / Fast Guard

item: Flight Jewel

nature: Jolly

ability: Defeatist

evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Unfortunately there aren't many good pure Rock types, so a secondary typing is almost necessary. I'll list some more:

Good offensive Rock types: Gigalith (Trick Room teams only), Aerodactyl (similar to Archeops), Terrakion.

Good defensive Rock types: Rock is a poor defensive type, I can't really list an decent ones.

Ground: A great type this generation, however many listed should have Sandstorm support.

Garchomp:

move 1: Outrage

move 2: Earthquake

move 3: Dragon Claw / Dragon Rush

move 4: Fire Blast / Aqua Tail

item: Choice Scarf/Life Orb

nature: Jolly

ability: Sand Veil

evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Gliscor:

move 1: Swords Dance

move 2: Earthquake

move 3: Ice Fang / Facade

move 4: Taunt / Protect

item: Toxic Orb

ability: Poison Heal

nature: Impish

evs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe

Good offensive Ground types: Landorus (with Sandstorm support), Excadrill (with Sandstorm support), Mamoswine, Krookodile.

Good defensive Ground types: Hippowdown (plus he provides Sandstorm support).

Overall you will have to have Pokemon with secondary typings, particularly for Rock and Ground. Some of the sets I full-out listed have other options (Gliscor can be defensive too) but that depends on your team's needs. In general for Rock and Psychic you are honestly better to just include Rock and Psychic type moves on a teammate that doesn't get STAB on them. Rock and Psychic are bad types defensively. Psychic has relatively poor coverage, Rock is great offensively. Consider not having any Pokemon of either of those types on your team due to the relative poorness of their typing defensively. Do whatever your team need though, I'm unsure of your needs since I do not know your team. Good luck in competitive battles!

Source(s): Personal experience, www.smogon.com, www.serebii.net
  • 9 years ago

I'd raise either a Gardevoir or an Espeon for a psychic type. If you go with Espeon, however, then it must be the Dream World version with Magic Bounce as its ability.

Alright, set for Gardevoir:

Holding: Life Orb

Ability: Trace

Whatever nature boosts Speed and lowers attack

252 Speed EV's, 252 Sp.Att EV's, 4 HP

Moves:

-Psychic/Psyshock(your choice)

-Shadow Ball(gets rid of ghosts)

-Thunderbolt(Gyrados gets pwnd by this, along with other water types)

-Focus Blast(to deal with T-tar and other dark types)

For Espeon:

Holding: Life Orb

Ability: Magic Bounce

Same as Gardevoir for nature

252 Sp.Att ev's, 252 Speed Ev's, 4HP

Moves:

-Psychic/Psyshock(your choice)

-Shadow Ball

-Hidden Power(fighting typed)

-Calm Mind

Both are offensive builds. If you want more then just email me asking. I could also provide some suggestions for ground and rock types.

And no, I have no extra fire stones.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yea, gardevoir is a good choice but personally i would pick sigilyph. combo psychic and flying.

im no expert on ev's, but i think i had an adamant natured sigilyph, and he had a speed of 235 and sp. attack of 186. (make sure his ability is magic guard, so that means only attack moves can hit him)

moves:

psychic (obliterate poison, fighting)

air slash (destroy fighting, grass, bug)

shadow ball (erradicate ghosts)

ice beam/energy ball (combined they massacre dragon, flying, grass, ground, rock, water)

and equip sigilyph with a sharp beak, to enhance the power of flinchng when using air slash

and i have like 2 fire stones i dont want

• samaha
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

It does not truly count selection which way you do it although i'd EV practice them in heart gold for now as you do after all have a pair of weeks untill black and white comes out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

pokemon could be groudon, Golem and espeon

i cant help you with anything else

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.