Vegan food in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?

I live in KL obviously. Recently was thinking to go vegan.

So naturally, I was thinking where I can get all the vegan stuff. I mean I can find soy milk everywhere, but for like rice or almond milk, where should I go? or like vegan meat substitutes.

I searched the hell out of the internet, but didn't find much useful info. don't have any vegan friends either. :(

These aren't on my main dish all the time, but one may wish to have some from time to time.

Don't judge. :D

Favorite Answer

There are 4 main categories of food in the vegan diet: legumes, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. These foods are naturally found all over the planet. They are the most healthy, inexpensive, and least processed. The varieties are nearly endless. Some people see them as being inconvenient because you need to do most of the cooking yourself, but as a vegan you are probably doing that anyway. It is the best way to control exactly what you are eating.

I will assume you already knew all of that. Your question seems to be addressing processed substitutes for meat and dairy products. If you really want these items, and your local grocery stores do not carry them, you will have to look around for health food stores. Don't worry! You can eat great healthy food without any of that.

I don't know anything about the local produce or the actual groceries available in Kuala Lumpur, but I would suspect the average person's diet in Malaysia does not rely as heavily on animal products and processed foods as in countries with a more "Western" diet. Please let me know if I am wrong about that. I really thought being vegan would be easier outside of North America and Europe. Best wishes!

Source(s): Bistro Katie Plant-based Shopping List http://bistrokatie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/...

Senang makan enakkk!

Pisang, roti, nori, soto

You make almond milk lah!

Quorn, tofu, seitan- Carrefour or Tesco LOtus have it.

Dimana tinggal??

KL Kampung saya!

Actually you can find soymilk easy, maybe stick with that? Almond and rice is senang to make.

Tofu is everywhere itu, all over the place. And go to Little India, they have nothing but vegan..

for the rest, I'd go to tesco/carrfour/ the western markets in the mall.

Tahun lepas saya juga itu di KL....

If you google its actually quite easy to make almond/rice and other substitute milks at home...obviously they won't be calcium fortified but you can do this yourself if you feel the need.