Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 10 years ago

Do you watch Tyler Perry Madea movies and his sitcoms?

Madea is like a 1970's old school black grandma and I love his movies and sitcoms House of Payne and Meet the Browns.Do they relate to your family if you are black cause they are portraying a tradional black family?

Favorite Answer

i honestly dont understand how people enjoy watching tyler perry shows. they are so stupid and not funny at all. if i want to laugh, ill go watch some mike epps, or some katt williams.

all that the tyler perry movies portray are black steryotypes.

I love the Madea movies...i like meet the browns show but not House of pain I think that one is pretty stupid. Madea is a great character that lives with in all of us (well me anyway lol) I don't think that it really portrays Black Familes, some of my family is black...but i guess it could some families white or black. I think Tyler Perry shows hilarity in real life family issues although some are far stretched and others are the truthwhich makes it so funny!

I love them all! and Mr. Brown is a favorite of mine too!

The Afnan guy is NOT Middle Eastern, people don't promote stereotypes of their own ethnicity or group the way he does. I saw it and it actually was pretty good, but it seemed very serious. I don't really watch Tyler Perry movies.

Tyler Perry's movies are stupid, but he targets an easy demographic. I admire him for his genius entrepreneurship. His movies take no talent to write, and are relatively cheap, but he'll always have the lower class African Americans watching.

"cause they are portraying a tradional black family"

-__-

not really but they portray the ghetto family