Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 10 years ago

Do you watch Tyler Perry Madea movies and his sitcoms?

Madea is like a 1970's old school black grandma and I love his movies and sitcoms House of Payne and Meet the Browns.Do they relate to your family if you are black cause they are portraying a tradional black family?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i honestly dont understand how people enjoy watching tyler perry shows. they are so stupid and not funny at all. if i want to laugh, ill go watch some mike epps, or some katt williams.

all that the tyler perry movies portray are black steryotypes.

• 10 years ago

I love the Madea movies...i like meet the browns show but not House of pain I think that one is pretty stupid. Madea is a great character that lives with in all of us (well me anyway lol) I don't think that it really portrays Black Familes, some of my family is black...but i guess it could some families white or black. I think Tyler Perry shows hilarity in real life family issues although some are far stretched and others are the truthwhich makes it so funny!

I love them all! and Mr. Brown is a favorite of mine too!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The Afnan guy is NOT Middle Eastern, people don't promote stereotypes of their own ethnicity or group the way he does. I saw it and it actually was pretty good, but it seemed very serious. I don't really watch Tyler Perry movies.

• 10 years ago

Tyler Perry's movies are stupid, but he targets an easy demographic. I admire him for his genius entrepreneurship. His movies take no talent to write, and are relatively cheap, but he'll always have the lower class African Americans watching.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

"cause they are portraying a tradional black family"

-__-

• 10 years ago

not really but they portray the ghetto family

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.