Why do Lortabs make me hyper?

I'm not a druggy, I am not taking them to sleep or to be hyper. I took them because I had Naphritus. But instead of them working, I became unusually hyper. I couldn't sleep or keep still at all. Which is not something you want when you have a kidney infection. I was like this also when I had my tonsils cut... show more I'm not a druggy, I am not taking them to sleep or to be hyper. I took them because I had Naphritus. But instead of them working, I became unusually hyper. I couldn't sleep or keep still at all. Which is not something you want when you have a kidney infection. I was like this also when I had my tonsils cut out and they gave me Lortab. Is it an allergy? My family has a deadly allergy to Morphine, so could this just be something weird?
My grandmother is a lortab addict though, could it be an immunity she passed through from being on them since she was 17?
1 answer 1