Difference between touch screens?

I have a phone with a touch screen, and i can interact with it using my finger. However, I cannot use a stylus like I could in my old palm. What is the difference between both screen technologies?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Most touchscreens theses days use one of two types of technologies.

Low end and older devices will use Resistive touchscreens. Simply because they are cheap to produce and at the time were the cost effective option. They work through pressure. You apply pressure and it makes an electrical contact to send a signal. The pressure can be made with your finger, a stylus, a pencil, a rock, a chicken, or anything else you can think of. They can work almost anywhere and in theory could be more accurate then the newer technology

Most newer smartphones use capacitive touch screens. They screens have an electrical field that responds to an electrical impulse. Only things that have or conduct an electrical field will register on Capacitive touchscreens. The human is basically one giant capacitor. it stores a lot of electrical current with no harm to use. When you touch a capacitive screen it reacts to that electrical current, they do NOT respont to heat as mentioned before.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

the phone with the touch screen can only work using heat. Since your hand gives off heat you can interact with it. The other touch screen works based on a object such as stylus to use it. It dosent work with heat rather the tapping of the screen. Hope this helps!

• lev
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

the version between could be Resistive touchscreens artwork on the muse of tension utilized to the exhibit screen. A resistive exhibit screen includes various layers. while the exhibit screen is pressed, the outer later is pushed onto the subsequent layer — the technologies senses that tension is being utilized and registers enter. Resistive touchscreens are versatile as they are in a position to be operated with a finger, a fingernail, a stylus or the different merchandise. Capacitive touchscreens artwork by means of sensing the conductive residences of an merchandise, in many situations the exterior on your fingertip. A capacitive exhibit screen on a cellular telephone or telephone in many situations has a tumbler face and does not have faith in tension. This makes it greater responsive than a resistive exhibit screen while it includes gestures alongside with swiping and pinching. Capacitive touchscreens can in straightforward terms be touched with a finger, and could no longer reply to touches with a universal stylus, gloves or maximum different products. capacitive touchscreens in many situations supply a greater friendly consumer journey. strikes like swiping via touch lists, zooming out and in of cyber web pages and maps, typing e-mails and text textile messages and scrolling via photos are terrific suitable to capacitive touchscreens; so which you make certain< CAPACITIVE TOUCHSCREEN is greater advantageous

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.