Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Are Jeehoaver's Witnesses "Slaves to God, or Slaves to Men?".?

If we take the yoke of Christ willingly, but the yoke of men is added to increase that "light load" to a "heavy Burden",

How can they claim their commands to record hours and meetings, and study material, and everything else, is the simple, light load that our Lord Jesus promised?

How can they lay claim to being servants of God, when their service is burdened with commands of men?

Are they slaves to God, or to men?

Are they Free Christians?

Are they Christians?

Jen. It is my experience, that a day in your life is without any "worldly" contact, if that is at all possible.

You live in the world, but the "organization" has created a separated, and "elitist" World of it's own, where the members believe they are God's "Special People" through a man-made Corporation.

Christians are to be "No part of the world" yes, but the segregated, elitist society created by watchtower, is a far cry from the intent of that scripture.

Christians are separate by reason of their Christian "fruits". They are separate by means of "Holy Spirit" , and they do not "judge" the would, as do the JW's.

There are millions of Christians, not (JW's) who are truly "no part of the world" Jen, you are trained to believe it has to be "your way", or nothing else.

Jesus left us the Holy Spirit as out teacher. He will teach us all things.

Jehovah's Witnesses made many opposing claims as to how Holy Spirit

Jesus did not create an organization, or a legal entity to lead, o

Jesus did not create an organization, or a legal entity to lead, or control His followers. The Jewish synagogue did however have over 600 rules and laws that were used to dominate and control God's people. Jehovah's Witnesses have just at 1000 laws and commands of men (found at Bethel in Brooklyn N.Y.) that are utilized in exactly the same manner.

Jehovah's Witnesses hold themselves above other people and all other religious beliefs as "superior" and therefore alienate all people associated with any other belief, or system of faith. Jesus did not refrain from being with, or around the military, prostitutes, tax collectors, all of the types the pharisees rejected as do Jehovah's Witnesses. Stop placing yourselves "Above" others, and they might accept or embrace some of the truly "Christian" beliefs that you have amongst you.

Stop being "slaves to men, Jen".

0 seconds ago

Toni, It is a burden when your position as a Christian is measured by the loyalty and number of hours devoted on a monthly basis.

The Pioneer monthly hourly requirements, Axillary pioneers, and plain publishers...all require specific time amounts to fulfill quotas set by men...this is a burden when we are pressed by the world, and the "shelf-life" of a JW is around 20 years, then they start slipping. They are still pushed to perform when they are financially impaired, and everyone else is "too busy" in the service to help their brothers and sisters when they really need assistance. This is not a loving provision, it is BURDENSOME.The devotion required to become a "ministerial servant", and the constant reminders of "get your hours in" might be a "privilege" to some, but after 40 years and no letup, it is so burdensome as to cause health, spirit, and financial difficulties that are too deep to repair.

Then there is the "ministry school" the meetings, the cliques and the inner conflict

inner conflicts...This is Christian Freedom? Then the false prophesies that are hidden from your view, and swept under the podium? Research your organization Toni. You sound like a younger woman with energy to serve God? Just "make sure of ALL things" and you will not grow old to discover your life has been a futile loss of serving "Men".

Hanna B. Please, speak from your "heart", not the "cut and paste" part.

Their are many good things taught by all of you, but those things are also taught by, and practiced by many others not calling themselves "Jehovah's Witnesses". There are those who obey the Christ, and are "Witnesses to Jesus", and who are obedient to the Holy Spirit, and the tablets written upon their hearts. These Christians are clean "doers"

of righteousness, and they do not "look down" on peoples of other religions, or stations of life. We are not like the pharisees of Jesus' day who make many rules and laws, but fail to have compassion and love for all.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe ANYone can have the truth, unless it is THEIR brand...that just isn't True.

Yes Superguy,

I am not a member of any "organized religion or church.

I was a member of 5 different "organizations for over 50 years.

I learned from the Holy Spirit, and have determined that the scripture that admonishes us to "Come out of her" applies to all of the organizations of Christendom, of which Jehovah's Witnesses are members.

Jesus promised us that He would leave the Holy Spirit" to teach us "All Things". His promise is true, but the promises of men are a trap, and a slavery to them. "I am a Free Christian," following the moral and applied teachings of the Holy Spirit, with a desire to preach a release to the captives".

Thanks for asking Superguy.

Best Answer

I think it is slavery! By the power of the mind, the watchtower has them in control. The old "Gods only organization" and all being run by that "faithful and discrete slave" that God has appointed; they think that God is running it! So once the WT can get them to believe that, there is your mind control. The only way you can get them to break the habit is to convince them of an error that the WT has not written them an excuse for; another way is to show them the organizations hypocrisy, and how their governing body (or faithful and discrete slave) has covered it over. Even is someone can explain these things and they receive it, even then it is like talking to a brick wall.

Their mind control is very strong

If JW are free, why do they call themselves SLAVES? A SLAVE is anything but free. god does not call his children, slaves.

If they obey Scripture and are Christians, why do they not baptize the way they did in the book of Acts? they 'claim' that the book of acts keeps records of a personal labour.

Not so. they only told the results of the outpouring of the Holy Ghost.

I do not see any JW teaching to receive the Holy Ghost.

They do not even claim to become Christians, through the New Birth of the blood of Jesus christ. so how could they be Christians?

They do not receive, teach or practice the gifts of the Spirit. Without the manifestation of the Holy Ghost, they or others, cannot possibly be a Christian.

If God does not bear witness that you received the Holy Ghost, then you could not be a Christian.

This alone excludes almost all religions, not just the JWs.

They do not love door to door going. I have heard too many of them say they hate it. It is not a requirement written in Scripture.

I know for a fact that they cannot answer scripture questions on their own knowledge. They have to hunt for an answer from some WT mag. This is not personal learning. It is copy-cating.

No Scripture teaches that God has different 'classes' of people, such as they teach. There is no slave class in God's kingdom.

There is not one place of eternal abode for some special few, and a total different place for the slaves.

Where do they find this in Scripture? It is a twisting of all the word of God.

But they do not want to be free so no one can set them free. It is typed out in the OT by the Jubilee year. Pentecost is the fulfillment of this Jubilee year.

But when that Jubilee came, there were slaves who did not wish to go free.

In that case the owner of that slave bored a hole in his ear, and he could NEVER go free.

This hole in the ear is the blindness given to these people by their owners, the WT society.

When anyone refuses the baptism of the Holy Ghost, they do reject their jubilee, or freedom, hence, no salvation.

Source(s): KJV truth

The answer (which is more then likely the one your looking for) we can't we need them so we can keep the organization... organized. :P Think about it we'd just be preaching and teaching random things. With no reliable guide line to go by to help people understand the bible. The "faithful and discreet slave" where chosen by God (in other words they Meet Bible standards to qualify as the "faithful and discreet slave"). Through them we all can preach in harmony. They help us understand the scriptures in a way we can understand them clearly and, in turn, makes it easier for us to help others understand. The statement "They are your God" is simply not true and is an exaggeration. Say you have a linear equation in front of you. Do you expect to learn it and start teaching other people how to do it. If you don't know how to figure it out you'll more then likely get it wrong and mislead others into believing it's correct. You need someone to teach it to you once you understand it you can correctly explain it to others. Same with us if we start talk as if we know it and we don't then we will end up misleading people. I hope this makes sense.

Most religions do teach that a person should not lie or steal, and so forth. But is that sufficient? Would you be happy to drink a glass of poisoned water because someone assured you that most of what you were getting was water?

2 Tim. 3:2, 5: “Men will be . . . having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.” (Regardless of their outward professions of love for God, if those with whom you worship do not sincerely apply his Word in their own lives, the Bible urges you to break off such association.)

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that their religion is the only right one?

The Bible does not agree with the modern view that there are many acceptable ways to worship God. Ephesians 4:5 says there is “one Lord, one faith.” Jesus stated: “Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. . . . Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”—Matt. 7:13, 14, 21; see also 1 Corinthians 1:10.

Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to the body of true Christian teachings as “the truth,” and Christianity is spoken of as “the way of the truth.” (1 Tim. 3:15; 2 John 1; 2 Pet. 2:2) Because Jehovah’s Witnesses base all of their beliefs, their standards for conduct, and organizational procedures on the Bible, their faith in the Bible itself as God’s Word gives them the conviction that what they have is indeed the truth. So their position is not egotistical but demonstrates their confidence that the Bible is the right standard against which to measure one’s religion. They are not self-centered but are eager to share their beliefs with others.

Update: I am speaking from my heart. Despite the fact that I have put in information in my post does not mean that I'm not speaking from my heart. And you also say that Christians don't judge and look down on other religions? Pardon me for being so blunt, but are you living underneath a rock? It is clear you have some sort of personal vendetta against the Witnesses and I won't judge you for that, but please try to be reasonable and actually listen to what we have to say. We have explained and answered your questions very thoroughly, yet it seems you aren't even listening.

Jehovahs whitnesses are worispers of god we serve him beacuse we want to beacuse we love him we learn about our god and it helps us to live our life everythink we learn is from the bible completly true .If u ask a vicor what does rev 21 mean they always say they dont no or i havent looked at it. The churches pick out what they want to it says in the bible not to lay with a man but the churches dont preach that do they as most of them do . And the bible says not to lie but they do they change worlds to how they want to . We are not slaves me do what we do beacuse we want to we dont have to go door to door but we do as we want to we are never forsed to do anythink we do it beacuse we want to. We belive to be nice and loving to every one just like people should be x

• tagboy

As long as religions are founded by man the people are slaves to them. and I quit religions many years ago, as they say you can't serve two masters You guys say you follow God what was said about false prophets. You can't follow just what you want to it's all or nothing.

It's spelled Jehovah's Witnesses...

We are servants of God and only worship Jehovah God. We attend meetings for spiritual food and to learn more, stay focused in the truth, etc. We take time out of our lives to go door to door and we do this for free and out of christian love. We enjoy telling people about the truth. As far as studying material, I enjoy reading and learning new things about the truth. It isn't a waste of time for me.

*Edit*

How am I slaves of men? I attend meetings to serve Jehovah God only. When it comes to 'worldly' contact, I don't put myself in stupid situations regarding the 'world' such as bars, casinos (gambling), being around 'worldly' people that do illegal drugs, etc. I try to live my life accordingly to what Jehovah God wants from us and that is to live a clean lifestyle. No one is forcing you to be in the truth by any means. I understand that becoming a Jehovah's Witness is a lifestyle change (mostly to people that were once in this 'worldly' system) But it's a change that I'm glad I made because in the end, I'm a lot much happier. You can either chose to live in this 'wordly' life or you can chose to worship and serve our heavenly father Jehovah God.

JWs don’t want to identify with Christianity. They changed their religious vocabulary so when they hear standard Christian words, they are brainwashed to reject them.

JWs have no Clergy or Preachers. They only obey their ELDERS and their Instructors or teachers. Any reference to anything said by a Clergy person or Preacher is enough to reject ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING they say. They are very well trained to believe about Satan possessing the Clergy and the Preachers. They won’t listen to the Devil!

JWs have no connection whatsoever with any Church. They believe that the true meeting place is their KINGDOM HALL. Any reference to Church is enough to REJECT any argument no matter how honest or logical it may be.

JWs don’t believe in blood transfusions. Only 144,000 selected ELDERS have the right to DRINK Jesus' Blood to go to Heaven when they die.

On the secular site. They don't believe in bearing arms, serving in any armed force, saluting any flag... and so on...

Apparently, you have studied the Bible with JWs.

The reason for the counting time and turning it in to the Watchtower Society is to help them know where the need for Kingdom publishers is. This is not a burden. It is a privilege.

The Bible shows that the early followers of Christ kept records.

(Matthew 14:14-21) Now when he came forth he saw a great crowd; and he felt pity for them, and he cured their sick ones. But when evening fell his disciples came to him and said: “The place is lonely and the hour is already far advanced; send the crowds away, that they may go into the villages and buy themselves things to eat.” However, Jesus said to them: “They do not have to leave: YOU give them something to eat.” They said to him: “We have nothing here but FIVE loaves and TWO fishes.” 18 He said: “BRING them here to me.” Next he commanded the crowds to recline on the grass and took the five loaves and two fishes, and, looking up to heaven, he said a blessing and, after breaking the loaves, he distributed them to the disciples, the disciples in turn to the crowds. So all ate and were satisfied, and they took up the surplus of fragments, TWELVE baskets full. yet those eating were about FIVE THOUSAND men, besides women and young children.

(Matthew 15:32-38) But Jesus called his disciples to him and said: “I feel pity for the crowd, because it is already THREE days that they have stayed with me and they have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away fasting. They may possibly give out on the road.” However, the disciples said to him: “Where are we in this lonely place going to get sufficient loaves to satisfy a crowd of this size?” At this Jesus said to them: “How many loaves have YOU?” They said: “SEVEN, and a few little fishes.” So, after instructing the crowd to recline upon the ground, he took the seven loaves and the fishes and, after offering thanks, he broke them and began distributing to the disciples, the disciples in turn to the crowds. And all ate and were satisfied, and as a surplus of fragments they took up seven provision baskets full. Yet those eating were FOUR THOUSAND men, besides women and young children.

(Acts 2:40-41) And with many other words he bore thorough witness and kept exhorting them, saying: “Get saved from this crooked generation.” Therefore those who embraced his word heartily were baptized, and on that day about THREE THOUSAND souls were added.

The whole book of Acts is a field service record. It tells who preached, where they preached, how many Bible studies were conducted, and how many got baptized, and the names of many who became Christians. There was a governing body of older men in Jerusalem who were given these records and listened to problems of the congregations and made decisions about how to settle these problems. Acts chapter 15.

Source(s): Bible

What about you??...why don't you tell us your religion??

Why don't you tell us your denomination or religion to verify if you are so free as you claim??