Anonymous

What kind of School is Portland State? Is the PSU Engineering program credible?

I'm an engineering major at George fox University (A small Christian private school in rural Portland, Oregon) and I am looking for a change in scenery.

It's not that I don't think George Fox is providing me with a fantastic education, because honestly, GFU is the 2nd best place I could get my degree in Oregon, but it's because I just don't feel like GFU is the place for me.

I have three schools on my transfer shortlist; Oregon State, Portland State, and the Oregon Institute of Technology.

I want to know more about Portland State.

- What is it like?

- How's the social experience?

- It's a commuter school, but will I be able to get the "college experience" if I live in the dorms at Portland State?

- What is a degree worth coming from Portland State? How do you think it holds up against other engineering degrees?

-Hows the campus? On paper (from the outside looking in) PSU seems like it'd be extremely disorganized, is that the case?

If possible, I would like you to tell me everything you feel about Portland State. I would love to hear from everyone, but if you have any specific opinions on the Engineering program at PSU, please enlighten me. I want to hear both the negative and the positive.

Thank you everyone.

Every one of your answers will help me with my decision..

Favorite Answer

Not to worry, PSU is ABET accredited. http://www.pdx.edu/cecs/accreditation

It is OSU's little brother when it comes to engineering.

It may be a commuter campus, but I have a friend who transferred there for his junior year, lived miles away, and had no problem making new friends and doing the whole "college thing." Students are typically older than your average college student, some people consider this a plus, your classmates will be more focused and there will be less of your general freshmen idiocy.

The campus is definitely not its own area and intermingles with the city, visit to judge for yourself. Some people like it, others don't.

Source(s): I went to high school up the road from Portland State, now I attend Oregon State.

no you provides you with a "credible article" because none exists. there is not any hyperlink between college prayer and decreased violence. I imagine you'll detect a mess of articles on the opposite. i'm a survivor of Catholic college. We prayed on a daily basis, and different the youngsters in that position were fairly violent. We had more suitable than our percentage of bullies, and play-backyard fights were an primary prevalence. in case you look on the information relating serial killers, you'll locate a lot of them had deeply non secular upbringing. Sorry, yet any article written by a preacher, or a "non secular chief," could immediately be suspect. all of us recognize what their agendas are. Religionists want there to be a reason behind children in college to wish, relatively, to wish to their Christian god. it isn't about salvation; it is about concept administration. so a procedures as i can see, it is a ineffective gesture, and the time is more suitable constructive spent practise young children to verify, write, upload, subtract, and imagine.

If you're struggling in Engineering, Oregon Institute of Technology offers several excellent degrees in Engineering Technology.