Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Would this be the core commandment of Christ, next to Loving God first,be hard for most of us?

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

When i read the above statement from Jesus, it seems he understood His assignment... and kept this as his central assignment... in fact he so understood us, he commanded us to protect ourselves from loss by telling us... to never take our eyes off what He had Commanded us....

Now my question is..

What are you doing about this in your life when it comes to loss?

How do we guard ... that commandment, which is so essential and valuable for us?

I appreciate your thoughts on how to protect ourselves from catastrophic losses.. thanks for helping me in this study.

NO thumbs down from me... these look like pretty thought out answers.. i will read them all in the morning... thanks for contributing.. so much... Blessings

Best Answer

As the Christ made His stand it was the word of truth that made of them the I in the movement in the life of all as the unity, which where He would say, “Little children, I am with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’( John 13:33)

Jesus was the word of Truth (I am) but yet in truth I (word) had a destiny in what is called/in “love one another” as its universal of I to as one in/the nature one to another making by love it the spirit/I one of good , as one Lord. For as he said “‘Where I am going, you cannot come” he was saying I am is not any longer a place but places making this one.

It is “love” in the heart of one as knowing is Christ and by the actions of I forms “one another”, and this is by the spirit and truth (love) as fulfilling the commandment. For when we put on Christ and Jesus is of one heart then once more it can be said “if God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and will glorify Him immediately” (John 13:32) For this is what the outcome of love one another brings this of true salvation to its fullness always in “immediately”, are the true, as outcome from beginning to end they had loved to the end within.

34“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:)

It was the will of the Father and the proof is Jesus as the Son of Man is on the right hand of God.

"But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” (Acts 7:55,56)

And it was the *whole* of creation as to “love one another” for it was said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

Yeshua said:

Come to me;

my yoke is good,

my command is gentle,

and you will find repose within you.

Then said to him:

“Tell us who you are

so that we may believe in you.”

He answered them:

You search the face

of heaven and earth,

but you do not recognize

the one in your presence

and you do not know how to experience

the present moment.

“The Gospel of Thomas” by “Jean-Yves Leloup” # 90&91

36Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, where are You going?” Jesus answered, “Where I go, you cannot follow Me now; but you will follow later.” 37Peter said to Him, “Lord, why can I not follow You right now? I will lay down my life for You.” 38Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for Me? Truly, truly, I say to you, a rooster will not crow until you deny Me three times. (John 13:)

Salvation is in each ones hands and love is in each ones heart and the Son of Man is the commandment; the creation survival, of love one another as what is to be our Knowledge (I) by our Lord God in our mist as all to loves end,love one another.

My question is “later” is it here now in your heart or “but you will follow later.”?

Thanks Kar for the Question , for the Holy Spirit knows and so we act!

Peace to all!

Added details

Yeshua said:

The kingdom of the Father

is like a man who wanted to kill

a man of power

First, he unsheathed his sword at home (Jesus Christ)

and thrust it into the wall to test his strength.

Then he was able to kill the man of power.

To love one another is the “wall”.

“The Gospel of Thomas” by “Jean-Yves Leloup” # 98

Added details

Yeshua said:

Whoever does not hate their father and mother

as I do.

cannot be come my disciple.

Whoever does not love their father and mother

as I do.

cannot be come my disciple.

For my mother made me to die,

but my true mother gave me Life.

“The Gospel of Thomas” by “Jean-Yves Leloup” # 101

Added details

They said to him:

“Come, let us pray and fast today”

Yeshua answered;

What wrong have I done?

How have I been defeated?

When the bridegroom leaves the bride chamber,

That will be the time to fast and pray.

“The Gospel of Thomas” by “Jean-Yves Leloup” # 104

Source(s): Yeshua said: Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me. and I will become them, and what was hidden from them will be revealed. “The Gospel of Thomas” by “Jean-Yves Leloup” # 108

The first and foremost thing it asks us to do is to be loving towards oneself. Don't be hard; be soft. Care about oneself. Learn how to forgive oneself -- again and again and again -- seven times, seventy-seven times, seven hundred seventy-seven times. Learn how to forgive oneself. Don't be hard; don't be antagonistic towards oneself. Then you will flower. And in that flowering you will attract some other flowers. It is natural. Stones attract stones; flowers attract flowers. And then there is a relationship which has grace, which has beauty, which has a benediction in it. And if you can find such a relationship, your relationship will grow into prayer... your love will become an ecstasy... and through love you will know what God is. “The one who sees that the self pervades all beings, and that all beings pervade the self, sees the divine.” This one has transcended all limitations and has destroyed all boundaries. To him, this tree does not appear as “thou,” this body does not appear as “I” – his “I” permeates the tree and the tree’s “thou” permeates him. For him, there is no boundary line of I and thou in this world. To feel a boundary between I and thou means that you still feel yourself to be separate. Martin Buber has written a book, I and Thou. Martin Buber was the Jewish philosopher and a great thinker. He was one of the few great thinkers of 20th century. He has done a deep study of the relationships between I and thou, and he says that the highest experience of life happens in the perfect relationship between I and thou. According to Jewish thinking, nobody can grow alone. In a sense, it is true that nobody can be alone. And even if he is, he will be very unhappy. This is worth understanding, because Eastern thought is just the opposite of this. The East says that the more you go into aloneness, the more you become alone, absolutely alone, the more you will grow. Jewish philosophy sees it from the other end: it says that the more you enter into aloneness, the more poor and wretched you will become because there can be no growth without relationships. So the deeper the relationships, the more you will grow. And the ultimate depth of relationship is in the closeness between I and thou. When you can say “thou” to someone, then through this you also will reach to a height. When you address someone with love, you are also transformed. So it is good, this dimension is valuable. Jewish thinking says that, ultimately, man will remain “I” and the whole immensity will become “thou” – the whole universe will become “thou” and the man will remain “I.” In the meeting that happens between these two, man’s soul will reach the ultimate and perfect growth. But Jewish thinking does not go beyond this. The East goes beyond this. It says that as long as thou is still thou and I is still I, no matter how deep the relationship may be, it is still not the ultimate. The distance between the two is still there, the gap between the two is still there. So no matter how much I may love someone, as long as he is thou to me and I am I, no matter how close we may come, the distance will still remain. This distance between I and thou may be very small, but still it is a distance. And an interesting thing about distance is that the smaller it is, the more it hurts, the more it pinches. The bigger the distance the less it is noticed. The distance is noticed only when it is very small, and then the pain is terrible. This is why there is an intrinsic reason for the pain that lovers experience: the distance has become so small, and yet it has not completely disappeared. It never disappears, although the distance becomes so small that it creates a hope that soon it will completely disappear. And each time lovers come so close, a friction, a collision also begins to happen – but the distance does not totally dissolve. The sense of distance only starts becoming clearer, sharper. In a sense, the smaller the distance, the greater the distance becomes because now it hurts more. It hurts more because now it feels that the distance could dissolve. Now the shore is so close that you can stretch your arms out and touch the other – but the touch does not happen and the distance remains. So even if you go very close to the divine, the language can become like that of lovers, I and thou – yet the distance continues. If one’s self is not seen in all beings and all beings in one’s self, if thou does not become I and I thou, the distance will remain. This is the last jump – where the lover becomes the beloved and the beloved becomes the lover. This is the last jump, where the devotee becomes God and God becomes the devotee. This is the last jump, when it is no longer clear who is who. Who is who is no longer known. May you always shine like a Star and be fragrant like a Flower, God bless your Life with infinite Love and Peace, Amen.

• Cindy

When the Jews asked Him, "What shall we do that we may work the work of God?" Jesus told them, "This is the work of God; that you believe on Him whom He has sent."

So I would say that the above is the core commandment of Christ. Everything else is contained within this, including love toward one another (which is so very vital). We are to live by the life of Christ, not by our own natural lives, and the more we focus on Him, become like Him, learn to live by His life, the more we will naturally obey all of His other commandments. We will obey because we are like Him and we are living by His life.

I don't think you or I or any other true follower need to worry about protecting ourselves from loss, catastrophic or otherwise. If you're talking about loss in this world, well that can sometimes come and it does. We need to remember that God, in His perfect love toward us, will not allow anything to come to us that will not benefit us in the long run. If you're talking about loss in the next world, the way to prevent that is to keep following Him and living by His life (which you will do, if you're truly His.)

It isn't about us, you know. It's about Him -- what He came here for, what He created for: that He might be known through His body, His bride, His family, His temple. He has invited us into the fellowship of the Godhead; that eternal dance of love, of each laying down everything for the others until they are not three but one. He wants us to be one also, with Him. Not gods, but one with God. This is the eternal purpose, not that we should avoid suffering loss.

Be blessed,

Cindy

It sounds like you are saying, how do we open ourselves up to loving others, while still guarding our hearts, protecting ourselves from being hurt?

We have to look at all the messages of the Bible in order to understand how to live with obeying this commandment. Jesus urged the disciples to protect themselves, he said I send you out as sheep among wolves, so be as cunning as serpents but gentle as doves.

Matthew 10:16

He also told the disciples any of them who did not own a sword should go out and buy one.

Luke 22:35-37

Jesus was not a mamby pamby. He got angry and told people off, especially when they were leading people astray. Jesus loved people so much to rebuke them when they were wrong, because he cared. He healed people and then told them to sin no more or a worse thing would happen to them. Jesus loved people, but he didn't take any crap from them.

Love one another is the same as loving God. Each of us have a piece of God in us, from the very inception of the human race. That piece has been divided through time, as cells break into 2 in the body. We're like Adam and Eve divided by 6 billion.

• Te Rex

.

Jesus REISSUED this Commandment as He gave it first to Moses -

In Leviticus 19:18.

We are here required to put off all malice, and to put on brotherly love, Lev_19:18. 1. We must be ill-affected to none: Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge; to the same purport with that Lev_19:17, Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thy heart; for malice is murder begun. If our brother has done us an injury, we must not return it upon him, that is avenging; we must not upon every occasion upbraid him with it, that is bearing a grudge; but we must both forgive it and forget it, for thus we are forgiven of God. It is a most ill-natured thing, and the bane of friendship, to retain the resentment of affronts and injuries, and to let that word devour for ever. 2. We must be well-affected to all: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. We often wrong ourselves, but we soon forgive ourselves those wrongs, and they do not at all lessen our love to ourselves; and in like manner we should love our neighbour. Our Saviour has made this the second great commandment of the law (Mat_22:39), and the apostle shows how it is the summary of all the laws of the second table, Rom_13:9, Rom_13:10; Gal_5:14. We must love our neighbour as truly as we love ourselves, and without dissimulation; we must evidence our love to our neighbour in the same way as that by which we evidence our love to ourselves, preventing his hurt, and procuring his good, to the utmost of our power. We must do to our neighbour as we would be done to ourselves (Mat_7:12), putting our souls into his soul's stead, Job_16:4, Job_16:5. Nay, we must in many cases deny ourselves for the good of our neighbour, as Paul, 1Co_9:19, etc. Herein the gospel goes beyond even that excellent precept of the law; for Christ, by laying down his life for us, has taught us even to lay down our lives for the brethren, in some cases (1Jo_3:16), and so to love our neighbour better than ourselves.

i ,(non christian and atheist as you know), think, we tend to , even for a short time, hold what we have closer when we lose something / someone

tho some of us push it/others away instead, to protect ourselves from loss,

you cant really blame them for it, as we are all affected differently by loss, we are just trying to survive

:-)

I think of Paul's attitude......

" But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. "

Philippians 3:7-16

and I am reminded of Jesus' words.....

" Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’

“Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out.

“Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

Luke 14:25-35

find sound Bible teaching here.....

http://www.derekprince.org/

In my view:

We can't protect ourselves from many kinds of losses. In order to protect from losses, we would sometimes have to protect the effect of greater losses for other people. We have to accept that even if all else fails, love still remains.

There still are, at this time, people in the world for whom love is frozen out and blocked by fears. There are so many aspects of culture run on the premise that there are threats that must be contained in order to protect one small group or even some other arbitrary thing that a group is attached to, met in response by a similar premise from the other side of some perceived division between people and groups.

It will take a long time before in the more physical aspects of the world such divisions are broken down and people fully see other people fully as people as they themselves are.

So in order to full remain connected to and supported by this love, it needs to be unlimited and cross boundaries that heal those divisions and gaps, and sometimes it is rejected in favour of other things when the connection is lost to perceptions. So once in a while, people will lose everything else in order to protect what matters the most.

Most of the time I have found, I have pretty much had everything handed to me on a plate, but occasionally efforts have landed me in deep [insert appropriate word]. In such instances, it's impossible to quickly get out without condoning and in effect sacrificing numbers of other people instead. So there is damage and losses, but still this thing of loving is not lost, it is just even more emphatically present than before.

To think it happens in spirit first and is also transmitted through us and reflected by us, and it carries on long after we have ended this physical life. And we may not individually be remembered, but whatever happens or when, this aspect of spirit that was part of us too, carries on through a chain of consequences through into the future. I like to think of it this way, that we have the same common ancestors and the same common descendants, and we are all part of the same earth, and the same universe. If we can't trust that the same love spreads throughout the whole lot aside from transient glitches, we can't really trust anything at all.

In any case, I have reasons to take the view that nothing is really separate at all; to place boundaries on love would be to place boundaries in and on ourselves. I don't mean that in a facile or naive romantic kind of way or as some kind of demand or gushing display, or so as to unnecessarily expose ourselves to dangers or never say "no" or never set boundaries on unacceptable behaviours. I mean to have it at heart.

I often write this: Work in progress. It's kind of a serious statement but makes me laugh as well. I think we all seem to be works in progress, one way or another.

It all depends how we are doing our kind of profit and loss accounting. What value do we really place on what(?) We can be rich in lots of ways and still be poverty stricken in the things that matter most, or the other way round. And there's kind of a balance to maintain between discovering what can be done, maintaining the capacity to do what can be done, and actually doing it. And to me protection is just holding what's really of value and meaning and importance and not letting go, while maintaining and building it through habit and practice and passing something of it on if other people want something of it too. And readily accepting it when it's given back to us in some way.

It's a very good question, because there often a few challenges in relation to this. And I'm not convinced there is any formula that can be generically applied in all situations that would be reasonably applicable for all people. I kind of think it depends really, just how people are at a particular time and just what precisely their understandings are. For a start off, whether we believe anything is ever really lost, and I'm pretty sure that it isn't.

• Jill

~

I received this today, as part of an email from a valued contact.

~~

"Connect to the Christ of everyone and never connect to their anti Christ.

When you do this, you will feel better because they will in return give you only Christ and this makes you and them better."

~~

It is of such value that I felt the need to share these wise words.

with much love to you

Sunny Girl

:) :) :)

~

The most import thing we must hold dear is God. Whatever God tells us to do, it should be the most precious thing. We must not put our own thoughts but obey God. Even Jesus' disciples left their duties, jobs, families because Jesus simply said, "Follow me". What should we do? Submit ourselves to God. If God says, "Love each other, follow my example, walk in my ways." What should our actions be? Do the will of God.

~Matt 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY those who do the WILL of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, lord, didn't we not prophecy in your name, and in your name drive out demons, and perform many miracles?' I will tell them plainly, I never knew you, away from you evildoers."

We can see that even though we claim to have faith, even though we try to please God, we can only receive salvation if we actually do the will of God. But then what is Gods will, what should our faith be based on?

Eph 2:19-20 "Consequently, you are no longer foreigners or aliens, but fellow citizens with Gods people and members of Gods household built on the foundation of the prophets and apostles, with Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone."

Our faith should be built on the foundation of the prophets, apostles, and Christ. It is very simple. Whatever they did, whatever teachings were delivered by them, are they right? Of course, we should hold them very dear as it is the ONLY way to salvation. First rev22:18 says do not add or take away from the Bible. It is absolute and perfect, the only thing needed for salvation.

Sabbath day:

Ex 20:8,11 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy... but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God...Therefor the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."

Ex31:13 "...You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a SIGN between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy."

WOW! such a great blessing, we are made holy, blessed, and have a sign between God and us... what day is the seventh day? When we look in a calendar or dictionary, it is Saturday. Even people admit Easter Sunday or resurrection Sunday is always on a Sunday.

Mark 16:1,9 "When the Sabbath was over...very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise they went to the tomb...When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week"

We see Jesus resurrected on the first day of the week, Sunday. Why do people keep this day? Jesus and his disciples kept Sabbath, shouldn't we?

Luke 4:16 "He[Jesus] went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his CUSTOM."

Acts 17:2 "As his CUSTOM was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days, he reasoned with them from the scripts..."

Passover:

John 6:53-53 "Jesus said to them, ' I tell you the truth, UNLESS you eat my flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have NO life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.'..."

Luke 22:14,19-21 "When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. And he stood up and said, 'I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you...' Then he took bread, gave thanks and broke and gave it them saying, 'This is my BODY given for you...This cup is the new covenant in my BLOOD, which is poured out for you.'"

We can see that Jesus gave us a covenant (command) on the night of the Passover (1/14 Lev23:5). His flesh and blood are the bread and wine on Passover. It's like this, if i celebrate your birthday every week, are you older every week? No, we only can receive eternal life on a specific date. This is how Christ works, you follow what he commands, unquestionably, obediently, and you receive eternal life. Anything that stands in your way, is it worth eternal life? Think about it. It shouldn't be, Gods grace is so amazing we should not put our feelings ahead of God.There are so many more truths that people do not know, do not keep, not following Gods will. They have been revealed though.

John 14:26 "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach all things and REMIND you everything i have said to you".

I did not figure this out =) The second coming of Christ has already happened, He retaught us Sabbath, Passover, the Veil (1Corin11), and so many forgotten teachings, the will of God. If this speaks to you, which I hope it does, please have a humble heart to check out this website (english.watv.org). It reveals all the mysteries hidden in the bible, that have now been disclosed to the Saints. Please take care. God bless you!

Col 1:26 "the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints."

Source(s): Bible