Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 9 years ago

Do you reccomend RetainerBrite to clean my clear retainer?

i just got my braces off two days ago and i got a clear retainer. ive been just brushing the retainer with a a toothbrush and only water. i was wondering if RetainerBrite is a good brand for me to clean my retainers? and are there different types of clear retainers and the retainerbrite can only clean some? i wanted to know before i bought the one year supply if it would work with my clear retainer. does it matter what type of Clear retainer you have? what types of clear retainers can it clean? i have a clear retainer... but idk if there are different types of clear retainers and what kind mine is... thanks for your help!(: hope someone answerss sooon!

soo should i just use the Efferdent? because it works the sam as RetainerBrite?

does it matter what type of clear retainer do you have?

• Bobby
    Favorite Answer

I used RetainerBrite, but I found Efferdent works just as well. They will with clear retainers, but they do not clean as well as the dentist's machine does.

• Efferdent and Polident and other denture cleaners will turn your retainer yellow over time.

Retainer Brite is specially formulated for cleaning retainers. It cleans all types of retainers, but is not recommended if your retainer has metal solder, because it will crumble the solder. You should use Retainer Brite or any other retainer cleaner every day to keep the smelly bacteria away, and to keep white plaque from ruining your retainer.

Retainer Brite is available online at stores like http://www.dentakit.com.

I agree. RetainerBrite was given to me by my Orthodontist when I got my braces off with this vibrating tray but Efferdent works just the same and is less expensive.

If you could clean them daily with denture cleaner, it would work great. Also, brushing them with a tooth brush helps get anything off of them that the denture cleaner doesn't.

• ?

you don't need it. A brush is all you need. A denture brush is bigger and will make it easier to clean the retainer.

If you feel the need to buy products, buy denture cleaner from the drug store.

you need to get a permanent retainer asap!! You will regret it if you don't.