User42 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Does the Flex Belt work?

I have seen people say yes and no, and people say it depends. I'm not looking for something to magically make me toned so i can be lazy.. I was wondering if it would work if I used it while I am running. I run often and I came across this answer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The real truth is, that exercise means to 'exert' and the exertion brings oxygen.

When we exercise, the aim is to get oxygen.

If you use the belt and you are not breathing deeper, your electrical contractions are not going to bring results simulating exercise, but if you breathe, they can be similar, it's just that it feels weird to breath deeply without moving much, so you may not continue to breathe.

While I am running I will be breathing hard so will it actually work then?

oh yea, and my goal isnt to lose weight (im skinny already), I want to get toned faster and have something to give me an extra boost to my abs building.

Favorite Answer

Spot trainers like this ridiculous device do not work.

Robin Williams suggests strapping it to your forehead to wake up your brain to stop buying this crap!

There is no medically accepted proof that it works. There is "clinical proof" from the seller.

If it really worked you would have aisles of it everywhere and wouldn't need celebrity endorsements.

$200 buys almost a whole months worth of healthy food to help you build muscle.

Why do they have to use the old "negative billing" trick if it works? Why are they offering "sex secrets from the kitchen"? Aren't they selling a tool to reduce stomach fat and build ab muscle?

Taken from the Terms and Conditions

Get free shipping on today's purchase, plus free personal advice from nationally recognized specialist Dr. Kerry D. Friesen, M.D. plus four free weeks to give your honest opinion on FlexBeltNutritionMD, the startling new interactive program that rips the covers off weight loss secrets known only to medical experts. Reveals the one food guaranteed to extend your healthy years 12% (but only if you don't eat it!) Discloses sex triggers hidden in your kitchen for endless power and endurance. Exposes 9 shocking weight-loss rip-offs you must avoid at all costs. Plus much more! If you don't agree this is too revealing to pass up, simply call toll-free to cancel within 30 days. Otherwise it's only $29.95 per month, charged each month to the card you used today for your convenience. You may cancel anytime.. That's 50% off, and even if you cancel, your doctor's advice is still free, plus you still get FREE SHIPPING ON TODAY'S PURCHASE!

So it's actually going to cost you another $30 a month to own this wonderful device. Now the trick here is they wait 60 days and bill you for $60. You've forgotten you agreed to pay $30 per month since you didn't know you were going to anyway. Now you are mad but they will tell you where the $30 is located in the Terms. You return the belt since it wasn't working anyway and it is going to cost you another $40 in freight and Return fees. So now you are out $100 for a "100% guaranteed product". After all the hassle they are still good for over $100 since I am sure this gadget is made in China for next to nothing.

Still interested?

• keetch

The Flex Belt

Flex Belt Reviews

I do not know because do I only not have but I am looking forward to it but I see all these bad comments about it and I do not think it is worth the price 120 really and to some people it does not work so I do not think I am going to get the flex belt

• Elinor

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

No, the flex belt is a stupid piece of marketing garbage. It belongs with shape-up shoes and the shake-weight.

If you want to see your abs, you need a low bodyfat percentage. This is going to come more from diet than any exercise you do. By the way, your abs are also working while you're running, or doing anything that involves movement or standing upright.

There is also no such thing as "toning." What most people mean by "tone" is that they want to see muscle definition, which means they want to lose bodyfat.

While an EMS device may be able to temporarily strengthen, tone or firm a muscle, no EMS devices have been cleared at this time for weight loss, girth reduction, or for obtaining "rock hard" abs.

Source(s): http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/HomeHealthandConsumer/ConsumerProducts/ucm142478.htm

Going low carb is that can encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially processed carbs like muffins and bagels) and include a little fat.

Include at the very least 10 to 15 grams regarding protein, which suppresses ghrelin, any hormone that stimulates your desire for food. Include eggs, which are that can control hunger.

consume three a lesser number of articles of one's meal