What are the Wheel of Time book series by Robert Jordan about? Would you recommend?

I don't want a plot spoiler.

Just a brief summary of what it's about, Is it a good book?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Cher
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Wheel of Time series is a political/quest fantasy: think Eddings or Tolkien and Terry Brooks without elves and dwarves and a lot more subplots. Rand Al'Thor is a traditional chosen one, trying to deal with magic powers. Problem is, every male magic user in the 'verse tends to go crazy. Then there are approximately six hundred other subplots involving his buddies from his hometown, wolves, the tower of the female magic users, an invading empire, an Ogier who carries hardcovers in his pockets, the desert people Rand's descended from, at least one kingdom in flux, and other crazy male magic users. On top of the evil dark lord.

While it's hardly my favorite series ever, it is entertaining, especially if you can sit down and read them straight through in order. With so many subplots, sometimes it does move pretty slow, overall, and can be confusing.

Source(s): A character sheet (some spoilers inevitable) to help if you get confused later in the series: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWhee...
  • 10 years ago

The first 5 or 6 books are really good, by the 8th they're a little boring, and by the 13th you really just want it to end!

How you ever read The Sword of Truth series? If you have, then you pretty much know exactly what it's about. I was amazed at how alike they are.

In a tiny nutshell? Magic, prophecy, good vs. evil, one clueless young man trying to save the entire world with countless obstacles being thrown in his way. (And just when you think the 'bad-guy' is finished, an even worse one comes along!)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.