Why does my dad say that he trusts me when he doesn't?

My best friend Jacob invited me to sleep over at his house next week. We've been friends for about 6 years. I'm 14 and he is 15, we have always been good friends, but that's really all we are ever going to be. Like, he is a good looking guy and stuff but I know the dude well enough to know that he isn't exactly "boyfriend material". He wants me to sleep over because it's his birthday and a few of his friends will be sleeping over. I know that I would be the only girl there, but it's not like if I would be sleeping in the same room as them (I'd be in the guest room). But my dad said I couldn't, his mom said that she would check on me during the night if that would make him more comfortable. But my dad still said no. He said that I shouldn't sleep at a guy's house. I said that we've done it before, but he said "Stop trying to be a smart ***, you were 8!". I asked if he doesn't trust me, he said he does but he won't let me go. If he trusted me enough to believe that nothing would happen, he would let me. But he doesn't trust me, so why does he even say that he trusts me when he doesn't?!

I'm not trying to guilt him into letting me go.

@meerkat, ok well..kinda

• Minnow
    Favorite Answer

Because he trusts you.

He doesn't trust the other boys.

He doesn't trust the other mom.

He doesn't trust your hormones. Even the best people make stupid decisions based on hormones when they're teens.

Theres trust and then theres asking for trouble. He trusts you, he doesnt trust a bunch of teenage boys, and he also knows that there isnt a single teenager alive who hasnt stretched the truth to their parents if they want something bad enough. It just simply isnt appropriate at your age to have sleep overs with boys. If your going to be sleeping in the guest room, whats the point? Why not just go for the party and leave and go home when everyones going to sleep? If you were my child, I would trust you, but I wouldnt let you go, because I know that while there is a 99.9% chance that absolutely nothing would happen, Im not taking that .1% chance and ending up with a grandchild. I know you've probably heard this a million times and are tired sick of it, but you'll understand when your older.

there is obviously something you have achieved (many times?) that has brought about the style of have confidence situation. mum and dad are actually not, repeat, no longer stupid. They understand better than you do, and that they understand all the indicators. So, mutually with your dad being male, determine it out woman, he's accustomed to for useful what the lads prefer. Your mom being lady, is accustomed to what women your age think of, do, and sense. transforming into pains are referred to as that because of the fact this is painful. between blended up thoughts, and "stressful" (yet loving and protective) mum and dad, teenagers are the worst years. as quickly as a have confidence bond is broken, this isn't ever the comparable back. this could be very quite some artwork on your section in trouble-free terms. it may takes months in the previous they sense sturdy approximately you and your trustworthiness. meaning you will could desire to workout endurance. do no longer enable them to down, please. They try this because of the fact they love you. they like the excellent for you.

He trusts you up to a certain point, but he also knows that sometimes an adolescent might have good trustworthy intentions but could still get into trouble despite her promises to the contrary. He knows this because he was once an adolescent boy and now he's an adult. You however, have only ever been a child and an adolescent and have never been an adult or a parent. He can see things from your perspective, but you can't see things from his. It's not possible for you to, because you've never been in his position.

That's why.

It's not you he doesn't trust, it's the boys. I wouldn't let my daughter either, and I would trust her with almost anything. Besides, everyone makes mistakes. Being in a house with boys, who knows what could happen? Hormones, you guess could get drunk, whatever. It's nothing against you personally, your dad just doesn't want you to get hurt or anything.

Well, remember that all dads are trying to do what they think is best for their children, especially their daughters. They were teenage boys once, so dads know what goes through most of their heads. He trusts you but not the boy, or anyone else that may be at that sleepover. Try to see it from his view. Who knows? maybe you'll thank him for not letting you go, (or not)

Source(s): If you plan on guilting him into letting you go, Give him hell

He trusts you, he doesn't trust your 14 year old hormones. Guys & girls, sleeping in the same room? More than likely something is going to happen. Your dad's not ready to be a grandpa yet. Suck it up, y'all can hang out in the daytime.