Okay, I dont exactly remember how this recipe goes, someone please help.?

I am cooking for 3 people and want to do beans and cornbread. A friend of mine uses onion, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and white beans. She satees the onions and butter then puts them in the beans along with chunks of ham and cooks it, only takes like 30 minutes but hers are always very flavorful, is this the... show more I am cooking for 3 people and want to do beans and cornbread. A friend of mine uses onion, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and white beans. She satees the onions and butter then puts them in the beans along with chunks of ham and cooks it, only takes like 30 minutes but hers are always very flavorful, is this the right recipe, I hate bland beans or does anyones else have a bean recipe that doesnt take all day?
Update: Plus I don't know how much to make for 3 people, 2 can eat for 2 other people and I don't each that much.
Update 2: Thank you, one more think I'm sorry I haven't been clear she uses White Beans from the can. I know it sounds lazy or like it won't be as good but they really are the best beans I have ever had.