Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

Pain after gallbladder surgery?

I'm 19 and had my gallbladder taken out laparoscopically on saturday. for the most part i'm recovering okay, BUT, several times in a day i have slightly sharp pain in the area where my gallbladder was , and it goes away when i eat something (usually after eating an apple). the pain is not bothering me a lot, BUT im worried it might get more severe because it is exactly where i used to have my gallbladder, so im worried whether something went wrong. dont want to call my surgeon yet. is this normal? should i be concerned?

its a steady, sharp, faint kind of pain from the inside. its not from the incision/wound

Nothing to be worried about, the area needs time to heal anyway so the pain can be there for some time. I had gallbladder keyhole surgery in 2008 and was not allowed to lift anything heavy or go to the gym for a month after the operation, just to allow the abdomen to heal properly.