My Nissan is a 1996 4 cyl base pickup. Code showing is P1130. Will replacing swirl control valve fix it.?

If so, can you show me what it looks like, where it is located and how to replace it.

Thank you.


1 Answer

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Do you have a fax machine? Swirl diaphram is on the lower intake rarely the issue. The swirl control solenoid valve Open curcuit (much more common) unfortunately it is on the back side of the intake manifold that year too. Very difficult to change and test. Split vacuum hose not allowing vacuum to the swirl check switch on the engine wall. Even with a failed swirl valve the truck will not drive very different. Befrend a Technician at your Nissan dealer slip them $10 at about 10:30 am have them print off pages 1996 Truck Work Shop Manual (on Assist) EC-230 to EC-239. You will know more than you ever wanted to know about P 1130 and how swirl works and ECM checks swirl function. Good Luck

    Source(s): Nissan Master Tech
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.