Alex Salmond: we'll keep the Queen while England becomes a republic ‎?

check this out

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/wintour-and-wat...

what does everyone think of this?

tags - scotland- england - uk

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Seems obvious to me. Your Scottish James VI knocked the 'V' off his name when he came south to take over the rest of us, so you probably get first choice of monarchs if there are any spare ones in these islands.

Don't kid yourself the Queen would take the job on for the asking - she is head of state of 26 countries and if I was her i would head off to St Kitts or somewhere where the sun shines and people speak a more agreeable form of English and have a nice brown colour and Pina Coladas instead of a junkie pallor and Tennants Super.

• 3 years ago

Alex Salmond is Scotland's First Minister. he's scuffling with for Scotland's reason. it is not as much as him to combat for English independence. you will would desire to discover somebody else to combat your corner if that's what you prefer. Are you thinking the sanity of persons from international huge who stay in autonomous international places? it sort of feels that way alongside with your insult. what's this with regard to the Scottish tax payer and wind turbines? We pay taxes in Scotland now and we will pay taxes as quickly as we are autonomous. Are you suggesting that Scots do no longer at present pay taxes? Disgruntled's assault is obviously in line with lack of understanding. we are properly attentive to the West Lothian question to which Scottish independence is the apparent answer. yet i will make it sparkling. The S.N.P. have chosen no longer vote on any subject concerns in Westminster that have not have been given any relating Scotland.

• 9 years ago

He's been saying a lot of odd things about independence lately - like an independent Scotland that keeps the pound (but obviously can't influence fiscal policy), keeping the monarchy (why?) and expecting the rump UK army to provide military cover for Scotland.

If he wants independence he should have the courage to campaign for independence. What he is proposing is not independence.

• paul s
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Why not? the Queen's mother was Scottish nobility, she is descended from Robert the Bruce AND from Irish Kings, which makes her perfect for Scotland, she has no ye olde English descendants on the other hand.

Seem only fair that if Scotland goes independent they take their Queen and her family with them, the English will just have to borrow someone elses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JOHN G
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Alex says a lot but as only 50% bothered to vote in the local elections, he can't really claim to be speaking for Scotland.

• guiri
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It is not the Queen they are really worried about. It is her son and "THAT WUMMIN"

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

nooo i think England would become a republic. we've done it before. hell we had a civil war for it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

ahahhahaahaha Wee Eck , will do anything to wind up the english .lol. and they fall for it everytime.

SAOR ALBA !!!

• TSK
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

WHAT ABOUT US in all of this??????????????????? So often forgotten!?

WALES.

Source(s): Welsh.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.